This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, July 3, 2017

We are so excited for our grandson to arrive soon!

 We are so thrilled about our 2nd little grand baby coming in just three weeks! Our son, Cameron, and his wife, Megan are expecting their first baby on July 23rd! A few months ago I took Megan to a "finish it yourself" furniture store to buy the new baby a gift.
 It's a really fun and funky store with all kinds of furniture.
But we were looking for something specific! A little highchair for the new baby boy! Our tradition is to buy the first baby in each family a new highchair that they get to pick out. We did this for our first son and wife  and now Cameron and Megan and soon for Grayson and Rachelle. The idea is to pick an heirloom piece that they can have for generations (if they want).
 Megan spent lots of time choosing the stain color, but she finally settled on Brown Mahogany. After we picked it out and ordered it, I took her out to Mexican food for lunch and we went thrifting. It was a really fun day!
 A few weeks later we went back to the store to pick up the finished highchair.
 It turned out so pretty!
 This time Megan bought me breakfast! We had a great time, I love my sweet daughter-in-love!
 About a month ago we showered Megan with love! Her mother, Adrianne, and best friend, Caitlin, threw a lovely shower for her.
 I bought the baby a couple of sweet little sleepers and some cute little tennis shoes, but then had the idea to give him the little sailor suit that I had saved all these years that Cameron wore when he was a baby.
 I pressed it and hung it on a vintage hanger. Isn't it cute! My dear friend, Shannon, gave it to me after I had Cameron. They don't make cute baby clothes like this anymore. I saved one baby outfit for each of my sons and decided to give the out fit to them when they had their first baby boy.
I also found a picture of Cameron wearing it while being held by his Great Grandmother Florence. I printed it and framed it and wrapped it with the suit.
 The shower was so nice!
 They had delicious food!
 They had fun games and wonderful hostess gifts. They displayed both Cameron and Megan's favorite stuffies from when they were little!
Here's both of their baby pictures with some vintage items that I brought. Aren't they cute babies! I know their baby is going to be so adorable too, I can't wait to see him!The little shoes are actually the shoes that all four of my sons wore when they were babies and I had them bronzed.
 Megan's mother found several different kinds of vintage baby planters at thrift stores.
 She took them to a florist who filled them with beautiful flowers! It's such a cute idea!
 The two Grandmas with the beautiful mother to be!
 Megan and Caitlin.
 Lots of people came.
 Here's my two sisters, Kelli and Kathi along with my two other daughter-in-laws, Brittany and Rachelle.
 She received so many lovely gifts!
I can't believe our little super hero will be this tiny!
She got one of those plaster hand print kits. I think that is such a cute idea!
 She liked Cameron's little sailor suit!
 I am so blessed by these three women!
 My lovely daughter-in-laws!
The two new mama's to be!
My husband and I went to Cameron and Megan's house yesterday and they are all ready! They are so cute, they said they cleaned and organized the whole house from top to bottom, have the nursery ready and their bags packed for the big event!
 Now they are just waiting for the little guy to make his appearance!


"Children are a heritage of the Lord." Psalm 127:3

4 comments:

Curious Thinker said...

That's great, good luck with the arrival of your new grandson and God bless to your family.

Sandy said...

Thinking of you all and wondering what's going on? The suspense is killing us! lol can't wait to see pictures of the new arrival!

Jan said...

Sharon! Don't keep us hanging...did your grandson arrive? Come back and tell us!

God bless you,
Jan in PA

Anonymous said...

I have to thank you for the efforts you've put in writing
this site. I am hoping to see the same high-grade content
by you later on as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to get my very own site now ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...