This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Rhubarb flowers...

 Our rhubarb plant went to seed!
 I have never seen this before.
 It's beautiful. I read that rhubarb plants need to reach a certain maturity in order to reproduce through seed. Our plants are only a few years old, but obviously are old enough to go to seed. I think they are so pretty!
 I cut a bouquet and brought them in the house before my husband cut the whole plant back.  He actually transplanted our rhubarb to the outside our fenced-in garden area because they take up so much space and we read that they are deer resident. I sure hope this is true and the deer will not eat them. I love rhubarb pie!
I am so tickled to find that when they go to seed they make such a gorgeous flowers! What a beautiful little surprise in the garden!

"The grass withers and the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...