This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, May 12, 2017

Our romantic cabin getaway....

Our children gave my husband, Eric, and I the gift of staying at this darling cabin on the Rogue River for a weekend getaway as a Christmas gift.
They randomly picked the cabin and the weekend of March 10th and 11th. It's hard to believe that they found this charming place at random, we could not have been more blessed, it's splendid! And the timing was absolutely perfect for us to have a little getaway, as we have had a rough past couple of months and really needed some R&R. It's a tiny little one bedroom cabin right on the river. It is so quaint and so romantic. This is a true blessing from God!
It is right at the water's edge, there are steps in the back to go right down to the river bank.
The deck overlooks the beautiful river. As soon as we got checked in and brought our bags in, we had a little cocktail out on the deck to enjoy the view before it got dark. It's so private and so quiet.
All I can say is....auhhhh!
It got cold out on the deck, so we went inside and got comfy. The cabin was built in the 1930s and is decorated to the period, it's absolutely adorable. I will be blogging about it soon with lots of pictures!
I really loved it because we did not bring any food for meals as we planned to go out for our meals. This was a real vacation, absolutely nothing to do but relax and play! We drove into the charming town of Shady Cove and had dinner at a great Mexican restaurant (the diet is pretty much out the window at this point). They sat us out on an enclosed deck right on the water. It was so pretty and so romantic!
When we got home it was dark and the full moon was reflecting on the water.
The next morning we built a cozy fire and had coffee.
This is the life!
We could get used to this!
At sunrise we ventured out to the deck to check out the river. It was chilly but so gorgeous!
We were so excited that breakfast was included with the room, but were really impressed that it was delivered to the room by the friendly owner, Lee.
How neat is that!
And so tasty too!
After breakfast we relaxed a bit more and then got in the truck for a day of thrifting in Shady Cove and Eagle Point!
But first we took a drive up to Prospect to see Lost Creek Reservoir. There was a beautiful huge picnic area with a beach and dozens of tables. I bet this place is bustling in the summertime, but we had it all to ourselves. On the way back we pulled into a fishing hole on the Rogue and watched the fishermen try to get a big one.
I took this photo at the reservoir. I am not sure what type of flowering tree this is, but it sure is beautiful. What grabbed my attention and thrilled me was that it's a sign that Spring is really is coming! After our long, cold, bitter and sad winter, seeing this new life and being on this fun trip gave me hope that good things are coming!
After that we headed into town looking for junk shops, antique stores and thrift stores.
We found several great stores and found some wonderful treasures. My husband just recently got into antiquing and it has been such a fun thing for us to do together.
We had such a great day! We both found lots of goodies! I was especially thrilled about the metal lunch pail that reminds me so much of my Daddy. I also got a shoebox full of bakelite flatware for only $10.00!
Then we headed home for a glass of wine on the deck. Oh my goodness, this is the life!
We could get used to this!
Another gorgeous sunset on the river.
Time to watch the news and have a little appetizer of roasted pistachios before dinner.
We drove into Shady Cove and had Italian food for dinner. We are having an amazing time.
"What is it you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down! Hey, That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon!" ~ George Bailey
Another cozy morning in the cabin.
We are having so much fun!
Oh how I love this man!
It's a glorious morning!
I feel so happy. This is exactly what I needed!
Another lovely breakfast was delivered!
Best friends for almost 40 years!
Thank you kids for the fantastic Christmas gift!!! We've had an absolutely fabulous time.
Good-bye little cabin, you were good to us!
We'll be back!

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

1 comment:

Elena said...

Wow, how cool was that! We live in Medford and we love to go to Shady Cove. We were up there the same weekend you guys were. We went to see the daffodils in bloom on Sawyer Road. We probably drove right by you and didn't know it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...