This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Little apple seed.....

 So, I was eating an apple at work, much like this one.
 I thoroughly enjoyed this delicious apple, but when I got to the core, I noticed something.
 There was a seed inside that had germinated and was starting to sprout!
 I just happened to have a pot of dirt from one of my African Violets that died, so I dug a little hole and placed the seed inside. Then I watered it and waited.
 I left myself a little note to remember to water it. :)
 Within one week it was growing! This is so exciting!
 Unfortunately, I did not remember the name of the apple, so I went to the store and found this bag of apples that I think were the same kind I had purchased a few weeks before.
 They are Fuji's and so yummy! I bought more and to my delight, there were more seeds sprouting inside them.
 I decided to do this little project with my grandson, Ridley.
 He thought this was great fun!
 We actually found a few sprouting seeds this time.
 He carefully separated them out and...
 ...placed it in a hole in the dirt....
 ....and patted down the dirt. Look at those adorable dimpled hands!
 Then he watered his plant. I sent it home with him and Mommy.
A week later she sent this photo! Ridley's apple tree is growing too!
Mine is dong great, in fact, somehow I got two growing! How delightful to have little plants growing that could potentially turn into a big apple tree on our farm!
This has been a fun little project. If we look, there are blessings all around us!

"For you have been born again, not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and enduring word of God." I Peter 1:23

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...