This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, May 25, 2017

I've been very sick...

I spoke too soon in (my last post) . Right after I had my good week after my father's memorial and I felt like I was on my way back to the old me, I was hit stink'n hard with some type of awful upper respiratory stuff and it held on for over a month!
Sore throat. Tight chest. Wheezing. Productive cough. Fever. Terrible headache. Sinus pressure. Plugged ears. Body aches. Sneezing. Runny, runny, runny, runny, nose.
I went home early from work one day and called in sick the next day. I got plenty of rest. I got caught up on all my recorded movies.
I had lots of soup.
Ate healthy food.
Drank lots of water.
Went through lots of Kleenex!
Took all this stuff.

I joked that I must have the Chuck Norris virus because it's kicking my butt!
I was sick for three weeks and finally went to the doctor and found out whatever I had turned into a sinus infection so I was put on antibiotics.
For the past month I really haven't done much, although I did pamper myself a bit and rested as much as I could.
While it's kinda fun to rest and take bubble baths, I really hate being idle. I like to move and get things done. This was difficult for me to not have any energy to do extra things besides work at my job, do minimal chores, cook for my husband and watch my grandson once a week.
Alka-Seltzer Plus was my new best friend.
Took PM every night.
Took AM every morning. Did I mention I do not care for the taste of this stuff? Yuck, but it was the only thing that took away that awful pressure in my head.  I'm thinking that because I have been through so much lately that my immune system just took a nose dive.
This past Tuesday marked 5 weeks of this crud. I completed my round of antibiotics, but still have residual cough and my left ear is still plugged, but I finally think I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

"Have compassion on me, Lord, for I am weak. Heal me, Lord, for my bones are in agony." Psalm 6:2

2 comments:

Heartfelt living said...

Hi Sharon, I have been reading your blog for a long time. You write wonderfully! I often feel that I'm right there with you going through the happy times and the sad times. I did just want to stop in and say how sorry I am for the loss of your parents and how very happy I am on the upcoming birth of your new grandbabies! We are expecting our first grandbaby ( a little boy) in early August. Sometimes we don't always know the people that are praying for us but I just wanted to let you know that you and your family have been in my prayers. God Bless and I hope you feel 100% better very soon.

Sue said...

I have been recovery from something similar too Sharon! I think my immune system was weak, too! Glad to see you are feeling better, praying for a complete recovery!
Blessings,
Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...