This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, May 15, 2017

I'm on a junk'n high!

On the way home from the cabin we set up arrangements to go to John's Barn. I met John many years ago when one of my girlfriends brought me to his place.
It had probably been over ten years since I've been to this fabulous place. Now that my husband is into antiquing and looking for old tractors and such to put on our property, he was happy to go too.
First we shopped all the marvelously rusty junk outside.
So fabulously chippy!
Then we went inside the "Girl's Barn" as John's wife put it.
It's full of amazing inside stuff!
I'm drooling!
I found lots of wonderful treasures including this metal Wolverine child's kitchen set. I am beyond thrilled! I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, but for now my grandson plays with it. I would love to display it somewhere in my kitchen when we do our little remodel someday. I paid $25.00 for the set and found it online for $100.00!
Here's John telling my husband a story about the barn. John is so friendly and he's a very interesting person. He also loves to tell stories!
He has been a picker for a long time. Here's a photo of him with a trailer full of junk. He goes back east once or twice a year and finds all these wonderful treasures and brings them back home to sell.
Next we went into their greenhouse. Again...lots of drooling happening here! Eric and I are going to make a greenhouse hopefully this summer and this gave us some great ideas!
Next we went into the "Boy's Barn".
This time it was my husband who was drooling!
Well, actually both of us were drooling!
He has a ton of vintage oil and gas cans.
The place is filled from top to bottom with wonderful treasures.
John took us to a back room and showed us this very old car. It's a 1928 Dodge and it was his first car. He said he bought it from his neighbor in Kansas where he grew up for only $25.00. It actually still runs and he turned it over for us!
This is a piece of yard art that we purchased to put in our front yard. 
Our truck was loaded and we were ready to say goodbye when John asked us up to his house to meet his wife and look around at their collections up there.
I had met his wife, Kay, many years ago and it was good to see her again. I absolutely love their house, it is full of antiques and collectibles. Kay is really good at decorating and displays things so wonderfully. This hutch on their front porch is filled with antique enamelware.
In the entry way they have this very old chicken feed bin.
The vignette on top is so cute.
The entryway is very welcoming. I really want a black braided rug like this one for my kitchen.
Love all the jugs going up the stairs.
Homey bookshelves full of books in the living room.
Cute old pharmacy display case filled with goodies.
She is not afraid of color!
She said she changes out all of her displays seasonally so for spring she brought out greens, reds and yellows.
She has a knack for display.
I have always loved wallpaper and had it in my previous two homes. I really want to put it up in our house, but it's not as easy to find as it was in the 80s and 90s. Seeing the warm wallpaper in her house reaffirms my desire. I'm doing it!
The green and blue are so pretty together!
I love her kitchen!
She has all the bright Fiestaware colors in here.
Speaking of Fiestaware! Wow! What a collection!
Bakelite flatware on display! I'm so happy I purchased mine! Now I need to find a cute holder like she has!
So bright!
So cheery!
So many fabulous old goodies! Check out the old ketchup bottle and olive oil.
I love her style.
In the family room she has darling orange and white polka dot wallpaper. It adds such warmth!
I noticed she had a few of these wooden painted folk art dogs. I hope one day I can find one!
That's a real stuffed pheasant hanging there!
A cabinet full of wonderful old quilts.
Oh my gosh, I need a bib because I'm drooling so much! This printers tray is full of amazing wonderful old trinkets. Kay said many of these items were John's when he was a little boy!
The guest room is done in purple and green. Wouldn't you love to stay here, it looks so comfortable.
Eric and I had such a wonderful time with John and Kay at their wonderful place. We ended up staying there for four hours! What a great way to end our fabulous getaway weekend!

"I will praise the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praises to my God all my life long." Psalm 146:2

1 comment:

kelly ( serenity cottage ) said...

oh my gosh this place!!!!! what a dream come true, and how fun to be able to go back after meeting them years ago.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...