This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, May 22, 2017

God is good...

On Monday morning April 10th I woke up with so many different feelings gong through my mind. I was exhausted. It was the day after my father's memorial and I was completely drained physically, mentally and emotionally.

I was overwhelmed with sadness and grief, but also relieved that it was over. My heart was full from the outpour of love and support from our family and friends, but I also felt a strange loneliness in my heart. It felt wonderful to have all that work done and all those items on my to-do lists were scratched off. I felt like a ton of bricks had been lifted off my shoulders. I felt proud that we did a good job of honoring Daddy at his service, and also both of our parents as we spread their ashes. At the same time though, I felt so tired, so incredibly sad and I was fearful I would fall into depression.
I had the day off and my husband had gone to work early. I wanted to spend time with the Lord and noticed it was a pretty morning. After all our recent crazy weather including below freezing temperatures, freezing rain, snow, thunder and lightening, buckets of rain and high wind storms, it was a welcomed site to see a little blue sky and have fair weather. I decided to bundle up and take the quad up on the little hill next to our house and have my morning devotions up there.
I brought my Daddy's Bible, his old favorite coffee cup, a thermos of coffee and the quilt they gave him at the hospital.
 I had lots to think about.
It's beautiful and peaceful up here.
 I talked to God out loud and thanked him for my many, many blessings. Especially for Jesus.
I thanked him for my wonderful family. For my amazing parents that God gave me. For the herritage of Christianity that I was born into and will pass down. I thanked Him for my wonderful husband and amazing sons and daughter-in-laws. I thanked him for my delightful grandson and the two babies on their way! I thanked God for all our many friends and extended family and for this beautiful state, our town and our property.
I also poured out my heart to God and cried out to Him about how very sad I was and asked Him to please comfort me. I asked Him to be with all of my family and especially to be with someone I love so much who has turned from Him.
I asked Him to answers the prayers of my family and friends with all of their needs. I told God how much I miss my Daddy.
Then I opened my father's Bible and started flipping through it reading the passages my father had highlighted.
I was soon comforted as I realized it was almost as though Daddy was speaking to me through the highlights in his Bible. Of course God always speaks to us through His word, but I almost felt like I could imagine having a conversation with Daddy and him giving me Godly advice and scriptures. This passage, Psalm 139:1-4 is beautiful. God loves us and He knows us so well!
James 1:2-8. Consider it pure joy whenever we face trials because testing of your faith develops perseverance. This is a perfect word for me right now!
Isn't that just the way of our Lord, He uses His word to reach our hearts right when we need it.
This really comforted me.
 What a perfect passage for my two sons, Cameron and Grayson, as they are expecting their babies! Psalm 139:13-16. I snapped a photo of this and texted it to them.
During difficult times like this when loved ones die, relationships are severed, we have health issues, financial issues, etc. I really ponder what life is all about. I still don't know the answers other than God created us to love, honor and glorify Him.
 He made us in His image. He gave us Jesus and if we accept Jesus and try to live as He directed that we will have eternal life. He loves us and gives us His mercy, His grace and His forgiveness. He gave us each other and I know He values and cares about our relationships we have with one another. I feel that we've been given one life and it's important to strive to live it for God and to always think of others. It's important to be productive, work hard and also enjoy the things that God has given us and to be thankful for it all. He also gave us His word, the Holy Bible, where we can find answers.
I know that God is with me and everything is going to be ok.

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sharon, I keep you and your family in my prayers. Your childhood sounds alot like mine. My parents are still living but watching them grow older is hard. I just hope when that time comes for me I can handle it with as much faith and grace as you have. So happy you have such a wonderful family to get you through this and you have a large family in Jesus Christ that is out here praying for you. Thank you so much for sharing this truly personal part of your life. God Bless you and stay strong. And your Farm is truly amazing and beautiful. Love, Donna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...