This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Daddy's Bible

I displayed my Daddy's Bible where I can see it every day along with his glasses and his old coffee cup.
The Bible was his road map for life.
It's worn, written in, tattered and tear stained, all the signs of a wise man leaning on God's word.
This Bible is the most valuable possession of my father's.
My siblings and I decided that we will all share it and rotate it through our families.
I have the first rotation so I displayed it on our dining room table. I love reading from it.
I believe this Bible was a gift to my father from my brother Wade back in 1978. I couldn't believe that I found this photo of them together holding it.
Daddy read it every single day. Here he is reading in at their home about 4 years ago.
I love my Daddy's hands.
He continued reading it after they moved into the assisted living facility.
He read it to my mother every morning. Here he is reading to Mamma, me and Ridley.
When Mamma was dying we found this pretty picture of her tucked in his Bible.
Here he is reading it to her on the last morning of her life. It breaks my heart to see this, such a tender moment.
This book is every special to me, not only because it was my father's, but because it's God's word and it's full of the answers to life.

"Grass withers and flowers fade, but the word of our God endures forever." Isaiah 40:8

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...