This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

A scary drive through the woods...

We were very excited to go on our trip through the woods. This was going to be a great adventure...or so we thought!
Let me back track for one second. For Christmas our kids pooled their money together and bought us a weekend getaway in a cabin up in the mountains. This was one of the best gifts ever!  They printed all the details and put it in this little notebook for us. They picked a random weekend for us in March.
Little did they know how perfect the timing would be. It was a month after my sweet Daddy passed away and 3 months after Mamma passed and it was month before my father's memorial service. We needed a break. I needed a break. It was the perfect time!
So, we packed our bags, grabbed some sodas and hit the road.
The drive started out sunny and uneventful.
As we climbed into the woods, we noticed we had no cell service. Then our navigation lady kept saying that she could not find our route. Gas stations and stores were boarded up and we saw no other vehicles on the road the whole 40 miles!
The town of Tiller was abandoned and up for sale. Things are feeling kinda creepy out here!
The forest was dark and spooky like the forest in Snow White and other fables and fairy tales. I felt like the trees had long lanky arms that could reach down and grab us! Unlike Hansel and Gretel, we did not leave a trail of breadcrumbs to find our way back home!
I hope there are no bogymen out here!
Aughhh! What's that????
Oh my goodness, the hairs on the back of my neck are standing up!
So creepy! Where are we???
Oh my gosh!
What????!!!! "Do you know the muffin man?" Don't stop Eric! Little did we know that the next message would be even worse!
Where have our kids led us?
Not a soul around to hear us scream!
Oh no, not another gingerbread man sign....
What's it say????
Auhhhh!!!! It says, "We 8 another 1 - The Tiller Cannibals" Yikes! Hit the gas!!!
Thankfully we never heard banjos or ran into these guys!
And I'm so glad we did not see Pennywise!
Finally, we made it out of the woods and to our cabin sweet cabin!

Now let's just hope the proprietor isn't named Norman and living with "Mother" hahaha

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me." Psalm 23:4

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...