This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Sunday, April 2, 2017

New season....new LIFE!

 I am so thankful for Spring to finally be here! I have had a very difficult Winter and the new season and new life are so welcome. As you know, I lost my mother on December 3, 2016 and my father on February 2, 2017. I also lost my beloved kitty, MacGyver in December. We had a very long and hard winter with below freezing weather with snow and freezing rain. We lost power for a week in December, I burnt my hand and had a very difficult broken relationship plus more things, but those are the main ones. Anyway, we have had so many sad things and lots of dark skies and rain, but finally the sun came out, things are in bloom and there's new life!
Literally, there is new life! In December my son, Cameron and his wife Megan, told us they were expecting a baby in July!!!!!
 Here's a picture of their little peanut!
The way they told our family was by giving our grandson, Ridley, a new t-shirt for Christmas. It says, "I'm going to be a BIG Cousin!" We were all so thrilled to find out this news!
A few weeks ago they had another ultrasound and found out they are having a baby boy!!! Isn't this such a sweet picture of his little profile!
 Now they have their nursery all ready and are just waiting! They will be such excellent parents and we are so happy for them!
About a month after we learned about Cameron and Megan's baby, we found out Grayson and Rachelle are pregnant too!!! They are expecting their child in September.
The way they told us was by giving us a gift. When we opened it, it was this darling little baby in a crib along with a sweet baby onsie.
 We knew right away what this meant because Eric and I gave both of our parents the exact same gift when we told them we were expecting Grayson! When I cleaned out my parents house I found it and gave it to the kids and said, "Someday you can give this back to us" and they did!
 The way they told the family was at one of our dinners she took off her coat to reveal this darling t-shirt #momlife. Everyone was so thrilled!
 Here's their little wee one. We are so happy for them and know that they too will be excellent parents! These two babies will be just two months apart!!! I praise God for these two sweet little new members of our family!
Of course my little grandson, Ridley, always brings us so much joy! He's excited about his new cousins on the way!
 I have been through the most difficult time in my life, but God is my rock and He has kept me in His palm. He has given me encouragement and hope. I would not have been able to make it through this difficult time without Him. He is so good to me and these new babies coming are such wonderful news at the perfect time! I am also so thankful to my husband, kids, sisters and friends who have been so supportive.
Also, finally having sunshine has helped. I've been getting out and walking again, which is so good for my soul.
 Seeing the flowers bloom lifts my spirits...
 ...and gladdens my heart.
 This plum tree bloomed out so beautifully this year.
Gorgeous!
 The flowering plum is budding out beautifully too. This was taken on March 25th and...
 ...this was taken this morning, April 2nd.  It has filled out so quickly!
 The hyacinths are so pretty.
 The daffodils are so cheerful.
 I finally got around to making a spring umbrella wreath. This was a really fun and easy project and it brightens up the front door!
 We also got three new cows! Meet Rudy, Oscar and Julie! Rudy and Oscar are ours and we are babysitting the neighbor's little heifer, Julie. You can also see our two goats Nellie and Daisy standing behind them, thankfully they all get along great! It's so fun to have new life on the farm! You can barley see in the far background a male goose, him and his mate came back a few weeks ago and she is on the nest right now!
And guess what?!!! This little guy will be coming to Blissful Acres soon! A friend's kitty had kittens and we are taking him. I named him Skeeter (my father loved the singer Skeeter Davis). His middle name will be MacGyver after our sweet cat that died in December. He is just three weeks old, so he will stay with his mamma for another 4 or more weeks.

So, while I have had a season of loss and difficult times, I have also been very blessed and God has given us the wonderful gift of two more grandchildren and many other blessings! I am so thankful for the change of seasons and for new life! It's my turn to dance!

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance!"
Ecclesiastes 3:1, 4

8 comments:

Sue from NY said...

So glad you are back, Sharon! I have missed your posts. Our God is an awesome God!

gin said...

Know you are not alone. I know you feel God's presence. Life is a rollercoaster ride. I'm happy for the new babies coming into your life. I have 3 grands 4 years and under. The oldest two are 9 weeks apart, a boy and a girl, and I've called them my twins. And then an almost 3 year old. Your grands and your animals should fill your lonely moments. So sorry about the broken relationship. All you can do is continue praying and be the better person in that relationship. Because you know relationships may be broken but the reason for there being a relationship will never change. I'm glad there is some sunshine back in your life.

Jan said...

Oh Sharon, welcome back! I've been praying for you and your beautiful family, I know it has been a tough time for you, I was comforted knowing that God had your back and prayed for you to remember to lean on Him and breathe.

I'm so excited to hear about the new grandbabies! When it rains, it pours, or so it seems. I get my grandson three or so days a week. He just turned two and is talking up a storm. Isn't it great when they call you by name?

I'll continue to lift your family in prayer. God is good, all the time!

Jan

Rue said...

I read that your parents had passed on at Kathi's blog and came to see if you were blogging again and to tell you that I'm so very sorry for your loss. They seemed o be very much in love and very sweet people. May they be happy together in Heaven.

Congratulations on your future grand babies! And you sweet new kitten.

(((hugs)))
rue

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon
It's so great to see your post. Such great news after all the sadness you have had. I can't believe it's two grandchildren and a new kitty!
Keep on enjoying the sunshine. It has turned cooler here and I'm enjoying the change weather after a very long hot summer. I think God knew what he was doing when he made the seasons. As each new season comes I feel refreshed and hopeful for what lies ahead.

Anonymous said...

So pleased to see you posting and the amazing events you have to look forward to. Praying blessings on you and your family.

From Tracy in the UK

Barbara Beach said...

Happy to hear of great joy coming after walking through a low valley. Continued blessings to you and your family.

Simply Shelley said...

I to have went through a very sorrowful few years, but as you I am in a new season of life as well. I found this post very encouraging. Congratulations on the precious gift of new grandbabies. God is good all the time,in every season of our lives. May he be ever so gracious to you and yours 🌹

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...