This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, April 14, 2017

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone! Today I wanted to show you some of our Easter decorations in our home. 

This is my new decorating spot; I call it the alcove. I have a couple of old wooden chests and a crate in the alcove all the time and I've been having fun decorating this area for every season and holiday.
 I have placed a bunch of vintage goodies in here. The light up blow mold bunny is a new find this year. I LOVE him!
 The Easter Express wooden cart is always a favorite decoration. I found it at a garage sale and the man said it was his when he was little. I'm estimating that it's probably over 80 years old now!
I found the decorated Easter egg shell at a thrift store. I love it because someone went to so much work to create it out of a real chicken egg. I also love the picture of sweet Jesus inside.
 I love vintage Easter decorations!
 These dapper little gentlemen rabbits are vintage Gurley candles.
 More sweet little chicks and a vintage postcard. The sweet little chick pulling a cart is the first Easter decoration that I purchased when we were first married over 30 years ago. I bought him at a candle party - does anyone remember those parties? I think they were called Lund's Lights maybe?
 I found the wonderful plush rabbit at a thrift store he is wonderfully worn, tattered and loved!
Just found this darling picture book last week. It fits perfect in this vignette!
 This fun tassel is a new find this year.
 Here's a little vignette in the family room.
What's in here? Why it's little nest of delightful metal eggs!
I've been collecting them for several years and they are getting more difficult to find. I saw them on e-bay for $5.00 to $30.00 a piece!
I also have an old wicker tray holding more fun Easter items including two very realistic looking fake chocolate bunnies.
An antique Easter basket holds more vintage items!
 This year I put my big bunnies inside the wooden centerpiece box my hubby made.
I put some fake green grass inside the box and laid my vintage "Made in Germany" paper mache eggs in the grass. I'm happy that I finally have a place to display them!
 I found white hobnail glass shades at Goodwill and was so happy with the warm glow they give off when lit.
A sweet little sign hangs on the pie safe.
The kitchen table centerpiece is a cute display under a glass dome.
My windowsill is decorated with vintage bunnies and chicks.
In the living room hangs the Easter wreath I made a few years ago.
I found this cute sign at the dollar store. I love it.
The front porch has a simple display.
He has Risen!!! Happy Easter everyone!

"Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?" John 11:25-26

2 comments:

donna said...

I absolutely love the way you decorate. And I am so glad you share it with us. But my favorite has to be the wooden centerpiece box that your husband made. I love everything about it. But especially the white hobnail candle sticks. I am so going to steal this idea , if I can get my husband to make me a box. God Bless and I hope you have a wonderfully Blessed Easter. Love, Donna , Arkansas

Simply Shelley said...

I have always enjoyed seeing your sweet decorations over the years. You have a gift in displaying them. ❤

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...