This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, July 21, 2016

How I made my little beach picture....

 The other day I showed you my beach display in the kitchen and showed you this picture that I framed and hung on the front of my pie safe. Today I want to show you how I did it.
 First of all I found this really cute water baby illustration on the net and printed it. I adore vintage illustrations and this is no exception, look at those darling little faces and the colorful sea creatures! It's so precious!
The next step was to find a picture frame. I went out to my shed where I store old frames and couldn't believe it when I found this beat-up wood frame with yellow shipped paint. Perfect. Then I went to my craft cupboard and found a cute patterned paper to use as the background.
 I glued the paper to a piece of cardboard with a glue stick..
...and smoothed it out making sure that all the bubbles are out and the edges are glued down.
 Then I trimmed the photo down to fit....
 ...and then adhered it to the mat I made.
 Then I placed it in the frame.
 I wanted something bright and contrasting to use as a hanger, and decided on this cute gingham ribbon. I cut two pieces about 10 inches long.
 Then glued it securely to the back with a glue gun.
 I glued it once, let it dry and then glued it again. I wanted to make sure it was strong enough to hold the picture.
Then I tied a bow and hung it on a small nail on the front of the pie safe. I love to do projects like this, it's creative, yet simple and cheap. I am really happy with the results!

Have a great day!

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12

1 comment:

Summer said...

Your picture is really charming ♥

summerdaisy.net

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...