This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Farm fresh eggs....

My son and daughter-in-law (Grayson and Rachelle) went on vacation and asked me to take care of their chickens while they were gone. It was really fun and great experience for me since I want chickens some day! I took a very special little farmhand with me. I love the little coop that Grayson made. It's darling and it's portable, so they can move it around the yard.
They have four unnamed chickens that are really cute and sweet.
Ridley gave them his left-over apple and they loved it!
We lifted the hatch to see if there were any eggs. Notice little mister on his tippy toes! So cute!!!
Wow! We got four eggs and not just any eggs, but amazing colored eggs!
Ridley was excited to find them!
We took them home and after three days of chicken-sitting, I got 11 eggs! One of the girls didn't produce one of the days. :)
My hubby cooked them up for our annual 4th of July breakfast and wow, are they brightly colored!
They were absolutely delicious and I can't wait to get my own chickens now!

"He will cover you with His pinions and under His wings you may seek refuge; His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark." Psalm 91:4

3 comments:

gin said...

Such an adventure for the little one. We had chickens and turkeys when our kids were young. Our oldest son had them as 4H projects and won ribbons with them at the parish fair poultry/livestock show. Great memories.

Suzanne said...

One of my co workers raises chickens and she sells the eggs for $1.25 a dozen. I've told her she can make a lot more $$! Lol they are the best tasting!!! Nothing like an egg fresh from the chicken!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Ridley is growing so fast. What a great experience for him; collecting eggs with his Grandmother.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...