This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Two great men to celebrate!

We recently had two family birthday parties. One for my father-in-law, Jim, who turned 81 and the other for my husband, Eric, who turned 56. These first photos are from Jim's party. We were blessed on both days with glorious weather! I love the photo above, it's four generations of amazing men!
Cameron and Megan brought their little dog, Bjorn and Grayson and Rachelle brought their little dog, Layla.
Oh how I love family nights!
Mackenzie sure loves his son.
The feeling's mutual!
Visiting and having appetizers before dinner.
Megan and Bjorn.
I love this picture of Hayden and Eryn with the sun setting behind them.
Happy birthday Jim!
He got to use the "You are Special Today" plate. Tonight's meal, bbq pork chops, rice, fresh cauliflower and broccoli with cheese and garlic monkey bread.
Time to eat!
We forgot to use the wishbone at Thanksgiving so decided to use it now. Tradition is that the contest is between the youngest in the family and the oldest. It was neck and neck, but we had a winner, little Ridley! I wonder what he wished for?
We had a competitive game of red light/green light. It looks like Ridley's winning again!
Happy 81st birthday Jim! I made his favorite German Chocolate cake!
Time for gifts!
What a lovely evening we had.
Two weeks later, the kids all came over again, this time to celebrate Eric's birthday. I ran out in the front yard to get something and turned and saw all the cars lined up. This scene makes me so very happy because it means my family is here!
We had another gorgeous evening!
God blessed Eric and I with four amazing sons and love brought these four girls! I'm so thankful and blessed by every one of them. They are all amazing women!
I love it when my kitchen is full of my people!
Grayson playing with Ridley while Great Papa Jim watches.
Enjoying the big "farm table" style picnic table Eric made.
Eric's birthday dinner choice: BBQ Elk burgers, homemade potato salad and homemade baked beans. Instead of birthday cake he asked for oatmeal raisin cookies.
It's his birthday, but he is my gift.
Little mister is checking out Bampa's presents.
Happy 56th Eric! You are loved!
Time for presents!
What a perfect evening. I am so thankful for our family. I love them all.

"May He give you the desires of your heart and make all your plans succeed." Psalm 20:4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not one, but two wonderful parties with you family! I love reading about your family celebrations. Your property is amazing! I cant wait to see your garden this year. Happy Mother's Day Sharon!!
Mary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...