This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Our backyard...

We have really been enjoying our backyard!
It's such a great space to relax and play.
It has been almost three years since we have moved here; we got the keys on July 10, 2013. I thought it would be fun to show you some before and after photos of the back yard (and also some middle and after photos!). This photo was taken standing by the backside of the house looking west when we first moved in.
This is the same shot today. Things we have done: Tore down old sheds, built new shop, removed old electric pole and electric wire, built garden, finished retaining made patio, wall, built small fence, planted grass,
This was a few months after we moved in.
Similar shot a few weeks ago.
I took this photo when we were looking at the property. Wow, looking at these old photos, makes me tired! We had no idea what kind of projects and work were ahead of us, it's probably a good thing!
This was taken a few months after we moved in. You can see that my husband removed the old shacks that were to the left in the photo above this one. The big power pole was still there.
I took this photo this week.
When we first moved in....
....and now.
Before....
....and after.
Before....
...and after.
We did so much work to get our backyard to where we wanted it. My husband and I work very well together as a team. As you probably know, he does most of the hard labor. I appreciate him so much. Once he got the garden in, he started tilling up the soil where the grass would be planted.
We laid a cement patio and had it stained red and stamped to look like brick. We have a problem with natural springs, so Eric dug trenches and laid piping and created french drains.
Once the ground was tilled, we ordered a dump truck load of top soil. What a treat for my grandson to see!
My husband used the tractor to mix it in.
The soil is all tilled and leveled awaiting seed, but first....
....he's finishing up the cement retaining wall that butts up against the driveway.
He mixed the cement and poured it in.
Then he "floated" it to make it smooth.
My husband is very handy and multi talented!
He also added this corner piece to finish it off.
I etched, "Jesus is the cornerstone" on the corner piece. :)
The next step was seeding it and watering and then waited for the grass to grow!
I asked my husband if he could build a short white horse fence to tie the back of the house to the front of the house and to give a little more privacy and a boundary to the backyard for our grandkids.
He said he could definitely do that and his father came over to help.
Looking good!
He painted it white and it looks adorable!
We planted red petunias and white alyssum in front of the fence and it turned out so cute.
To remind you, this is what it looked like right after we moved in.
This was taken last summer. Look at my little busy grandson helping Bampa mow!
The grass came in so beautiful.
It's such a bright green!
We had my family reunion at our house last summer and here's a picture of my sister, Kathi, with our Aunt Josephine. You can see the red and white flowers have grown very big!
I love how this finishes off our place.
Ridley loves playing on this little retaining wall. We talked about bricking this little wall to really tie it to the house and shop, but we got too tired and put it on the back burner.
This is what our place looked like a few months after we moved in.
And this is what it looks like now.
I love the backyard and the little white fence.
Street view before...
...and street view after.
We are so thankful for our pretty backyard. It's a place of peace and relaxation.
And we enjoy it as much as we can and so does our dog, Blondie!

"My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." Exodus 33:14

4 comments:

gin said...

Looks great! A lot of hard work. But you know the work is never done. There's always something' on the list to do.

Jan said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe how much you and your family have accomplished in such a short time! When I think of all that you have done with your beautiful farm, the weddings, dealing with your parents...

Your home is beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Jan

Susan Russ said...

Sharon, the property looks wonderful. What a blessing and a tribute to all the hard work your family has put into it. God bless!

Heartfelt living said...

It is just beautiful! Congratulations ... All your hard work has paid off. Hope you have time to sit and relax and enjoy your lovely home. 😊

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...