This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, April 1, 2016

Fun and inspiring girl time!

 My best friend, Shannon, invited me over to her home to make a fun Easter project with some of her family members. Her sister, Leslie, was also hosting the event, so I made these two cute little hostess gifts to take to them.
 I found these amazing vintage teacups with the mushroom motif at a thrift store. It was one of those purchases, where I didn't have a plan for them, but they are just too cool to pass up. Then, as I went into the fabric/notions aisle at the same thrift store, I couldn't believe it when I found the cool mushroom ribbon! I then knew that the combination would be a cute gift idea some day and today is the day!
I planted little wild strawberry plants that I found in my yard and added these little mushroom and chicky trinkets that I found in my trinket box. They made perfect hostess gifts and the girls loved them!
 Shannon's home is so warm and cozy. She always inspires me with her decorating. This buffet table is so pretty.
 I love how she grouped everything.
She said she found the wonderful Majolica bunny dishes at Goodwill for a song! Aren't they fabulous!
 I love this cute little scene at the top of her tiered plate stand.
 She found an old window at a garage sale and her husband made a box with shelf and attached it for her and turned it into this wonderful glass cabinet. I love how she filled it with white farmy things and also love the Easter display on top.
 She made a wonderful fruit salad and low carb lasagna. It was delicious!
 So many cute touches everywhere!
 I love this cool gadget rack she has.
 Lots of vintage goodies!
 Shannon is so good at making vignettes. I love her windowsill display and totally copied her idea for my home.
 This is a fun vignette with vintage Bakelite utensils, old salt & pepper shakers, an very old and cool pottery pitcher and a vintage cookbook.
 The proposed project was to make glass dome Easter displays. We all brought our own glass display dishes and shared fun crafty things to put inside.
 It was really fun constructing them.
 Even the little girls made their own.
Isn't she darling!
 It's really fun to see all the different creative ideas we all came up with.
 After a stressful week, this was just the shot in the arm that I needed!
It was so nice to catch up with my dear friends.
 Here are the finished products!
 They all turned out so cute! They are so magical and fun!
I have mine sitting on my kitchen table and I just love it! Oh, what a fun day I had with the girls. I am so thankful for my dear friends!

"As iron sharpeneth iron, so man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." Proverbs 27:17

8 comments:

gin said...

So cute. Her house decor us so similar to yiur little holiday vignettes You show us on your blog. Yall are both talented.

Molly Moore said...

Thanks for sharing--what a great idea!!! They turned out beautiful!!!

Kathi said...

Sharon, I love your cute mushroom craft. It's so darling. What fun to be with your friend Shannon and her mom, sister and grandchild. Your domes are inspiring. Kathi

Denise said...

I love this! I am definitely doing this next year...too cute! If you don't mind my asking, where did you get your tablecloth? This is exactly what I'm looking for....so pretty.

Rose of Sharon said...

Thank you for your kind comments every one, it was truly a fun day! Denise, it's actually not a tablecloth but a piece of floral fabric I found at Goodwill. :) I couldn't find a tablecloth, so that was my quick fix, but it's been there for almost a year now! haha I keep looking, but can't find what I want.

Denise said...

Sharon, this is too funny. I found some black fabric with roses at Hobby Lobby, but it has a lot of different colors, so I wasn't too sure about it...I didn't want it to look too busy. I was thinking of throwing it over my kitchen table since I couldn't find what I was looking for! Lol Btw, I love your kitchen! You have inspired me to add black to mine...Ooooh I love it! Your whole home is just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun day for everyone and the crafts are adorable. I love the idea of getting together and crafting with friends. I love your postings and am so glad you returned to blogging :)

Bee

Judy said...

Oh my goodness, those are all so cute! I love your hostess gifts too, you always have such neat ideas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...