This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Easter 2016

 We had a very nice Easter season this year. I love Easter and what it means. It it truly a day to celebrate as we have new life through Jesus Christ! We had a wonderful family dinner, but I will start this post with photos of our decorated home. I like to decorate our home with cheerful springy things representing new life. And of course I incorporate all of my vintage pieces!
 I hung my whimsical wreath that I made last year on the mirror above the fireplace.
 I bought myself a beautiful Easter lily and the scent is divine!
 I decorated the pie safe with all kinds of vintage goodies.
In yesterday's post I told you how much I loved my friend Shannon's windowsill and I pretty much copied everything she did with the supplies that I had. I love how it turned out!
 I copied her crystal votives with ribbon tied around them throughout the house.
I love the way the centerpiece box turned out. I found the Happy Easter sign at Hobby Lobby and made the crosses from sticks from the property.
 I set the table with Eric's grandmother's china, silver and crystal goblets.
 The white hobnail pieces are from Eric's mother's collection.
 Little mister got his own table setting too!
 Here's a cheerful display on a side table.
 The dessert dishes and dessert forks are ready to go.
 One more display on my rolling buffet table from my mother's home.
I found this cute little Easter train at my mother's house when I cleaned it out. I set it out to honor her and to delight my grandson. I was happy that as soon as he arrived he noticed it and asked to play with it, and of course this Grammie said yes!
 I also used my mother's fantastic vintage roasting pan and the ham turned out perfect! Thank you Mamma!
 We were so happy that Eric's father came to Easter service with us.
 My one true love!
 Brittany and Ridley!
 Cameron and Megan!
 Grayson and Rachelle!
 Hayden and Eryn!
 Time for the Easter egg hunt!
 He was having so much fun!
 Great "papa Jim" enjoyed watching him.
 We all had fun watching him hunt for eggs.
 I love my little sweetheart!
 Time for appetizers!
 Grandpa Jim, Hayden and Eryn.
 This is the newlywed section!
 Icing cupcakes!
 Ridley was soooo excited that he got his very own grown-up silverware. It was so cute.
 We had a delicious meal!
 We played a fun trivia game of boys vs. girls, the boys won.
It's always good to end the night with a happy toddler eating an Easter cupcake.

We had a lovely Easter. I have so much to be thankful for. I am so thankful that Jesus died for me and rose again on the third day. He is alive!!! This is such a wonderful time to celebrate!

"According to His great mercy, He has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead." I Peter 1:3

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful family and such a happy Easter !
It's always a great pleasure when I read your post.... Your are such a blessing ! Sometimes, I think your are my neighbor and we have a cup of tea, speaking about life..... But it' s just a dream because I live in France !
Have a great weekend
Florence

gin said...

You have a lovely way of sharing your special times with us. I enjoy keeping up with your blog.

Susan Russ said...

Thank you for allowing us into your home and sharing Easter with all of us!

Denise said...

That's what I so enjoy about you, sharing the holidays with us in such a special way! I love seeing families get together, enjoying one another, and oh yes, your wonderful decor for each special occasion. I so look forward to it .. makes me happy every time!

Anonymous said...

All of your Easter decorations are beautiful! You certainly have a knack for displaying each and every one perfectly. I especially loved the centerpiece on the dining room table. Your Ridley is just as cute as can be. He and my grandson are about the same age. Always busy,busy!
Blessings,
Mary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...