This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, April 8, 2016

10 year anniversary!

 I can't believe I've been working for the hospital for 10 years now! Wow the time has just flown by.
I started out in the heart and vascular department scheduling heart surgeries. I was in that department for 2 years.
Then I switched to front desk receptionist at the local family practice clinic and stayed there for 6 years.
Now I am in Learning & Development and have already been at this job for 2 years. This company has been really good to me. I am so thankful for my job. I only work 20 hours a week, but I get good health benefits, paid vacation and have a retirement plan. It's a wonderful bonus to actually love the work I do too!
It was fun because my boss gathered the whole office together around my desk and presented me with my 10 year certificate and pin.
 And much to my surprise, they also gave me a catalog to choose a gift from!
I picked these binoculars. I thought they would really come in handy on our farm to look out in the fields and hills out in front of our home and the woods behind our home. I looked them up online and the list price was $54.00! That's a generous gift!
It was very nice to be recognized and appreciated for my 10 years of service. I am really grateful for this job. I just need to work 10 more years until I can retire, I hope the next 10 years will go as quickly as the first!

"All hard work brings a profit." Proverbs 14:23a

5 comments:

Jane Crenshaw said...

I had no idea you were blogging again, but I am so excited to see that you are!! Just thought of you today and checked during my lunch time. Love how honest you are and appreciate you sharing your true feelings. I am going through so much of the same thing. It is very hard!! Glad you are back!!!

Jane from Alabama

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sharon! How nice to be recognized by your coworkers!
Mary

gin said...

Congratulations for an awesome 10 years for you!! May your next 10 be just as great.

Curious Thinker said...

Sharon I'm glad you are back, I've always enjoyed your blogs and I just started reading your blog again. Congratulations about your ten years at your job. God Bless.

Denise said...

Congratulations Sharon! That is just awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...