This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Our St. Patrick's feast...

 We had a fun St. Patrick's day feast last night. No, we are not Irish, but somehow many years ago, it became a thing with us. It started with me putting green food coloring in the Mac and Cheese or something similar and it grew into a full blown traditional feast. I always decorate the house and this year I got this really cute idea from a friend to make centerpiece of a magical wooded wonderland where little leprechauns dwell.
 It was such a fun project!
I gathered sticks, moss, lichen and pine cones out on our property. I first laid 2x4 chunks in the bottom of my centerpiece box, added a layer of pine cones and then laid the sticks and moss on top.
I placed my little leprechaun figurines at various spots to create little scenes. I found the mushrooms at Hobby Lobby.
I have picked up little leprechauns over the years and they fit so nicely into the display.
 It is such a magical scene for my grandson's delight. It looks like this little lad found the gold!
I hung my vintage die-cut Laddie and Lassie on the family room china hutch.
A little display in the powder room.
A small display in the kitchen window.
I love this mischievous leprechaun poking out from behind the primrose.
I gathered all the rest of my St. Patty collectibles and grouped them together on top of the pie safe.
I found this very cool green violin-shaped bottle at a garage sale for .10 cents last summer. I had no idea what I would do with it when I purchased it and am thrilled that it works so well in my St. Patrick's day display!
 I grouped everything together on a silver tray.
 There's all kinds of fun things!
 Cute little Hallmark figurines.
This Irishman is wishing you a happy St. Patrick's day.
I found this lucky 4 leaf clover smashed in an old book from my grandparent's house. I glued it to a piece of green construction paper and framed it. I love it!
 The family came over last night for our feast. I set the table with miss-matched china. I just found the Majolica Dragonfly dishes at Goodwill this week and paid $1.99 each for the dinner plates and I bought a set of four.  I looked them up on line and they are going for 19.00 for a single plate! Score!
 We had green appetizers!
 I made stuffed cabbage and my daughter-in-laws brought the salad, rolls and dessert. The stuffed cabbage was a big hit!
 Even little mister got to eat from a green plate!
 Rachelle made a delicious Irish cream cake! We had such a fun night ending our evening playing hide and seek with our darling little leprechaun.
Wishing all of you a very happy St. Patrick's day this week and hopefully you will find the gold at the end of the rainbow!

"The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making the wise simple. The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes. They are more precious than gold." Psalm 19: 7-8, 10

4 comments:

Kathi said...

Sharon, your decorations and special Irish touches are adorable. I love those green plates. They are beautiful. The lucky four-leaf clover is a treasure. The magical little scene you created is so adorable. I'm sure Ridley loved looking at it. The food is so interesting and fun too. I'm sure that it is so much fun to plan and then to have the special dinner with your family. I enjoyed reading about this special meal. I love you, Kathi

Cecelia said...

Very cute! I love St. Patrick's Day! So glad you're back!

Cecelia said...

Very cute! I love St. Patrick's Day! So glad you're back!

Anonymous said...

Love the decorations! St Patrick's day items as nice as yours are not easy to find. My husband plays the bagpipes. We go pub crawling with the band. Best people watching ever :) Brenna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...