This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Sunday, March 6, 2016

I'm back...

 
Hi everyone. The last you heard from me I told you I quit blogging, but I found out that I really miss it. I actually have been writing posts for a couple of months, but kept my blog private until now.

These are my thoughts about blogging:

1. I love the creative spark it brings me.

2. I don't like feeling pressure that I must publish a new post, but I actually have let that go a long time ago. I post when I feel like it, period.

3. I enjoy taking photos and creating stories.

4. I go back and forth with the amount of time I spend on my blog and it could all be lost (by an accidental deleting, getting hacked or Google goes out of business or something and closes Blogger down), but then realized, what's the difference between all the time I spent for years creating photo albums documenting our families life and they could all be lost in a fire, flood, stolen, etc.

5. I go back and forth about being public or not. Here are my thoughts about being public or private.
     a. I realized that writing my posts has been just as fun for me whether anyone else sees them or not, but I like to be able to see it when I'm on a different computer like at work or at someone's house.
     b. When it's public, my father, sisters, aunts and children are able to look at it when they want without messing with trying to log into it.
     c. I enjoy the few friends/readers whom I have met through my blog who leave such nice comments.
     d. I don't mind total strangers seeing my stuff, but I don't want local town folks seeing it or old high school friends from Facebook seeing it. I don't know why, but that's just how I am.
     e. I have seen a few of my pictures from my blog on Pinterest that strangers have posted and it kinda creeps me out, but then realize it's not hurting me to have them out there.
     f. I try to stay anonymous without saying our last name or telling the town we live in. I did this when I first started because my kids were all still in the home, now they are grown, but now I have a grandson and soon (hopefully!) more grandchildren. You will notice that I only post pictures of my grandson from the back or I blur out his face.
     g. I have been blogging for 9 years and have never had any bad/scary situations with privacy, except one time I had a mean/scary comment but nothing came of it.
     h. I am considering perhaps just having my blog open one day a week or just on weekends or something like, I guess as a way to control just in a small way how much of my stuff is out there. I'm still pondering it.

6.  My blog is my personal photo album, journal and history. Sometimes when I'm down, I will start scrolling through random months or random topics and it helps me to be thankful for all God has given me. It's also helpful for me when I'm looking for a lost recipe, or trying to remember how I decorated something, planned a party or set a table in the past.

7. Comments or no comments, that is the question. I honestly barely have time to publish my blog posts so I feel that I don't have much time to return comments. I do enjoy getting comments and I do make an effort to return them, but it is hard. I used to have a chat-box, which was a simple solution, but then it started getting hacked by advertisers, so I removed it. For now I'll just leave my comment box on and return them as I am able.

8. I like to be encouraging and uplifting and according to the comments I receive, people say that's what my blog does. I want to glorify God through my blog and hopefully I am doing that.

So, if you are interested in reading the posts I have written while my blog was closed, just start hitting the "older posts" button on the bottom of my blog and keep going back until my entry at the end of November when I said I was quitting.

Oh, one more thing. I know my blog posts are long and that's how I like it, but I feel I must warn you, the post called "I struggled this Christmas season" (published in January of 2016) is extra long because I'm pouring out my heart. I am happy to report that I am doing much better than when I went through it. I also have another really long post about my childhood home (published August 2015). It's my blog, I can do what I want. haha. :)

It's nice to be back and I hope all of you are well!

"So whether you eat or drink, whatever you do, do it all for the glory of the Lord." I Corinthians 10:31

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a relief to see you again !
I loved your blog and your family memories. I'll always be a follower.... even you feel good or sad ! You are a blessing !
I send you big Hugs from France
Sophie Lorent

Anganie Roach said...

I am from Trinidad, an island in the West Indies. So glad you are back, I check for your blog so many times but was told it was only open to invited readers. I am really glad you have came back, I have read your blog from the beginning, I have always admired your family and love the relationships that you have with your family. Thank you for opening your blog to the public

jen said...

So glad you are back - you were missed-
Your blog and writing is very meaningful and resonates with many -thank you

Anonymous said...

Dear Sharon,
I am so glad to see you blogging again! I missed you! Such a pretty picture of you! You look wonderful!
Mary

Heartfelt living said...

Hi Sharon, it's so nice to see you back. I blogged for four years and went through many struggles about keeping it open, so I completely understand how you feel. I have found Instagram is the place for me. :) I really do enjoy reading many blogs and yours is certainly one of them. I love your honestly. I can relate to so much you write about, you truly do inspire me. Thank you for sharing. Welcome back! Blessings, Karen

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon,

I am so glad you are back!! I've thought of you often over the last few months and hoped you would share your life and thoughts again. Praying for your family,

Lisa
(Sydney, Australia)

Anonymous said...

Iam so happy to see you back!!!! You really don't know how much your blog helps me in my daily life and my christian life. You are a inspiration and I truly Love your blog. So happy you are back. God Bless You !!!!! Donna

Barbara Beach said...

Yea! You're back and as pretty as ever. I have followed your blog for years and occasionally comment and your blog is always the one that speaks to my heart.
You are very real and sometimes life is difficult and messy but you stay the course ... and turn to the Lord.
Continued blessings to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon
I keep clicking on your link hoping you'll be blogging again. Oh joy of joys you're back! I miss you when you're not blogging. I love your honesty, your creativity, your love of family and faith.
Erica ( Brisbane, Australia)

as always starzie said...

Hi Sharon!
It's so good to see you back! I really missed you. If it makes you feel better I have also been going through really hard times too. I totally understand where you are coming from. My Daughter and our two Granddaughters lived next door for 5 years. I adored these little girls. Carolina 6 and Abby just turned 5. She and her husband became so frustrated with the home buying market here in Ca that they up and moved to Hurst,Texas! I'm so broken hearted that I cry all the time. To make matters worse my Daughter has broken away from her family. We used to be really close. My Son lives near us and he has two beautiful children, Briley 7 and Gaigie 5 and one baby girl in Heaven. Don't get me wrong, I adore my Son's two children, but there's just a empty hole in my heart that was occupied by my Daughters two girls. This Xmas was really sad. I tried to put on an act and act happy. But inside I was crying. Also, I've been struggling with health issues the last few years. I just found out my Daughters Mother-in-law is moving to Texas! And maybe his sister and her family. He already has a lot of family there. So my Granddaughters will be with their other Grandma all the time. I'll be lucky if I see them once a year. One good thing, my Daughter Missy moved into the house next door. That's been so nice!
Boy, life can sure be challenging! I believe God isn't juding us. It's His desire that we live happy fulfilling lives. We just need to morn what losses have occurred in our lives, and trust that our hearts will heal and happiness will be ours again! Don't feel guilty Sharon for feeling the way you do. You have suffered many losses. You have a right to take time to lick your wounds! Take care and thank you for allowing me the privilege of sharing some of your life through your wonderful blog for nearly 9 years!
God Bless. You are in my prayers!
Hugs from Darlene

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! You were missed ;)

Anonymous said...

Dear Sharon, I am so enjoying catching up with your new post. You feel like long time friend. Please don't ever leave us again!!!! Donna [from Arkansas]

Anonymous said...

So nice to see you back, Sharon. Your blog has been missed. Lynne

Molly Moore said...

Glad to see you back, Sharon!!! Your posts are always so uplifting to me!!!

Blessings-
Molly

Susan Russ said...

I really enjoy your posts. We have so many similarities in our life. I feel like you are a friend. Keep up the great work. You have a calling reaching out to others. God bless.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...