This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Valentine's day...

 I made a new wreath this year for the front porch.
 I really like how it turned out. I started with an old heart-shaped wreath I had and then hot-glued the checkered ribbon all around it and added the bow. Then I hot-glued the silk roses and babies breath.
 I made a little display on the entryway table.
 I hung a pretty crocheted heart in the window and placed three black pots filled with beautiful Primroses.
 I buy myself cheerful Primroses or some other flowering plant every winter to help beat the January blahs.
 Would anyone like a cupcake?
 Here's my vignette on the pie safe.
 I grouped together some of my vintage Valentine's items.
 I have some old books about love stacked up with a love clown sitting on top. I had one of these plastic heart boxes when I was a little girl. For some reason I just love it. :)
 Hearts everywhere!
 Sweet little boy with a special delivery letter sealed with a kiss!

 I made this little Scotti valentine banner several years ago.
 While in storage in the attic at our old house a little moth chewed some holes in the white wool scalloped edge. I was bummed that my little banner was ruined, but then got the idea to use a sharpie and mark black dots all over the white to make it look like eyelet lace. I think it hides it pretty well and actually looks pretty cute!
 Here's my box centerpiece display.
 I was happy to display my two vintage candy boxes among some other valentine's items.
 I hung my valentine's rag swag on the little green hutch.
 I placed some of my antique valentine's cards inside.
I gave my one true love a big box of chocolates and a card. He was pretty clever and gave me a funny card along with four bags of Dahlia bulbs rather than fresh flowers. I'm thrilled!
 My sweet daughter-in-law and grandson gave me this pretty potted flowering plant in the cute pot.
 Eric and I headed to town on Valentine's day for a special dinner date.
 One of our goals for 2016 is to try a new restaurant once a month, so we went to a new place.
 We sat by the window and could see the city lights.
 It was very romantic.
 The food was delicious. We both ordered steak.
 We had such a great time.
 Time to walk through the city again.
 I love walking arm in arm with him.
We had a romantic nightcap by the fire. It's really fun having the house to ourselves to be able to do things like this again! I'm so thankful for my one and only Valentine! We had a wonderful Valentine's Day.

"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good." Romans 12:9

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...