This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Piano lessons...

I love my new sign! I cannot even believe that I own this! You see, this sign was in front of Mrs. Delzatto's house and Mrs. Delzatto was my piano teacher when I was 9 years old!
Mrs. Delzatto lived very close to my parents house and every time I went to visit my folks I would notice this little sign and admire it. I secretly longed to own it, but thought it would never, ever happen. Then one day I drove by and the little sign was gone, which made me sad, but then I never thought of it again.
Well, one day last summer I went to visit my parents and I noticed there was a big sale going on at Mrs. Delzatto's house. I stopped in to check it out and thought for sure that she had either moved or that she had passed away. I mentioned her name to the people running the sale and they said, "She still lives here and she's right inside, would you like to go in and say hello?" Of course I said I would like to. I went inside and Mrs. Delzatto remembered me! She is in her 80s and has slowed down, but doing quite well. She no longer gives piano lessons. We visited a little bit and I asked her if I could take her picture in front of the piano. This is the very same piano that I took lessons from back in 1969!
As we were talking, I mentioned the little sign and asked her if she still had it and she said she did. Then I asked the bold question if I could buy it and she said, you don't have to buy it, you can have it! I couldn't believe it!
When her caretaker brought it out of the garage and handed it to me, I was so surprised to realize that it was not as little as I had thought. It stands 3 feet tall and is about 2 feet wide. I had imagined it was about 1' x1". I was also quite surprised to learn it is made of metal and not wood as I had thought. I couldn't believe that it was still attached to the wood post! What a treasure! I felt bad just taking it and offered over and over to give her money for it, but she would not accept it.
She said her husband made it for her many, many years ago and it stayed out in front of her home until two years ago when she stopped giving lessons. She was very happy that I wanted it! It was really wonderful seeing her again.
So now I have this cute little sign in my yard. This is not it's permanent home, but for now I get to look at it and admire it from my kitchen window.

"Sing unto Him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise." Psalm 33:3

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...