This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Christmas home tour

Welcome to our home and Merry Christmas to you! This is a very long post full of pictures of our holiday home. We will start in the entry way. I have a few cute snowmen on this tiny entry table. 
I have silk poinsettias all over our home. They are so easy, yet turn the house into a fun and festive Christmas land so quickly!
Another cute display on top of a glass cabinet in the entry.
This year I didn't put up my feather tree, I'm getting tired of it, so I made this display instead with an antique milk jar filled with cedar boughs and some other cute things all sitting in a galvanized pan.
Jesus Christ is the head of this house!
I put my vintage blow molds on top of the yellow hutch.
A poinsettia at the foot of the guest room bed really jazzes up this room.
Christmas in the living room!
Cozy fireplace!
I have been looking for majestic deer and was so thrilled to find them on sale at Hobby Lobby. They look great on the mantle.
Jesus is the reason for the season!
Vintage painted pine cones and pine cones from our property are nestled in an old crate with a cheerful 1960's snowman and an antique kerosene lamp that my Daddy gave me.
This year our tree is tiny, but it's still beautiful!
We have decided to always have a smaller tree, so I downsized all of our ornaments.
I went through all of them and only saved true vintage ornaments, no more reproduction.
This blue Shiny Brite bulb is from my parents house. They were on our tree when I was a little girl. I'm guessing it's at least 50 years old!
Cute little elf!
Pretty beaded star.
Fun red and white lantern.
Just imagine the work that went into this handmade ornament made from Christmas cards, glue and glitter.
The gifts are all snuggled under the tree with care!
I put a cute red plaid tablecloth on the dining table.
I love our back hallway leading to the kitchen.
I have a neat old brass sled with reindeer displayed on this bookshelf along with a very cool old picture of a snowy Christmas scene made from cut up Christmas cards. It's homemade and just so charming.
My Mary Engelbreit wreath that I made about 10 years ago is displayed on the wall between the kitchen and living room along with a vintage Santa, elf and Christmas books.
It was fun to have a table in the center of my kitchen which I have desired for so many years!
I put a vintage 1950s Christmas tablecloth on my table. I love it!
Cute little Lefton serenading elf along side two 1970s Santa candles serve as the centerpiece.
Cozy!
Christmas has arrived in the kitchen!
I downsized my Santa collection this year and got rid of 2/3 of them!
I still have a lot, but these are my absolute favorite pieces!
The "Miracle on 34th Street" book was a Goodwill find this year.
My grandfather Irving made this paper Santa when he was a boy around 1915or so.
I so love having a little tree in the kitchen. Notice the cool vintage tea towel!
I love my cozy Christmas kitchen!
Santa weighing in!
I displayed a picture of me and my siblings in 1963 in front of our flocked tree with blue Shiny Brite balls. I also placed a very old Christmas tree candy container here along with reproduction snowman and reindeer.
Cheerful window display.
This was my husband's bank when he was a little lad!
A little corner in the kitchen. The tall Santa book is a new find this year.
The trees not up yet, but it does look like Christmas!
I love this old die-cut Santa. He was probably made for the classroom or a front door.
The pie safe display. I love the vintage light up stocking! I found it for only .25 cents at a garage sale!
More fun stuff!
The cheerful gingham Santa tray is a new find from a thrift store this year.
Love my shadow box that I found at a thrift store many years ago.
Let's head into the family room. I loaded my green hutch with light up Santas and other goodies!
They give off such a warm glow!
My dear mother made the stockings, the white one was mine and the green one was my brother's.
Antique Santas and Christmas lights.
I put a rustic woodland Santa and reindeer along with pinecones and antlers in our centerpiece box on the farm table.
I used an old colander to hold our Christmas cards.
Here's a display on the marble topped buffet.
This picture of my precious grandson, Ridley, as a newborn is so special to me.
A few touches of Christmas here and there.
I'm getting nostalgic as I get older and last year I came across this Christmas Around the World NOEL train at a garage sale and bought it. I purchased the same one years ago at a home party when I was a newlywed, but got rid of it sometime in the 90's. Now I find it charming again and it brings me joy every time I see it.
Love our cozy family room!
Well, that's it. I hope you enjoyed the tour! Merry Christmas everyone!


"When they saw the star, they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy." Matthew 2:10

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...