This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Pump house flooding washed out our bank account...

 I went out to our pump house to get some boxes and was upset to see that the whole floor was flooded.
 There was an inch of water all throughout the small building. I was so thankful my husband was home! I called out to him and he came running. He looked everywhere for the root of the problem, but couldn't find anything, so we had to call the pump company.
Thankfully they were able to send a guy out that day. He said the pump was fine, but one of tanks for the filtration system had a tiny leak the size of a pin prick at bottom. I was so surprised to hear that such a tiny hole could cause such huge water loss. He removed the old tank and did a temporary fix right to the second filter, so thankfully we had water.
 We upgraded to a better system, which they had to order, so a week later they came back and installed it.
This is our new improved water filtration system. We are actually happy to have a brand new system that we know we can trust, but boy oh boy, we didn't like the $3200.00 bill that came two weeks later. :( The beginning estimate was under a thousand dollars, but of course, slowly things were added, we upgraded and then had to pay the cost of labor, so the bill grew. Ugh.

The timing was unfortunate because it happened just a few days after my husband got about $3,000.00 worth of equipment stolen from his job site that was not covered by insurance. My husband also tore his ligament in his knee and was told it required surgery to repair it.
We've also had a flea infestation, which we discovered when our grandson had multiple bites. I tore apart the whole house, cleaned all bedding and vacuumed and shampooed the carpets.
We took our pets to the vets and had them treated and have temporarily banned them from coming into the house.
I set these traps, which I highly recommend. Just a saucer of water with drop of dish soap and a candle in the center. They jump to the light and drown in the soapy water. We finally have the situation under control. What a hassle!

Oh, and this happened:
From my Facebook post: "This was me today in my garage. I'm not kidding. My dog, Blondie, was in the garage looking up at a shelf full of boxes near the window and whining and trying to get up there. After investigating and even sending the cat up there, nothing was revealed. Blondie would not stop. I finally grabbed a box of cleaning supplies from the shelf and set it on the floor and a large bird (bigger than a Robin) flew out! I screamed and it flew up and landed on a wreath I have on the back door. I got the broom and tried to shoo it away outside and guess what.....it landed on my back! Aughhhh! yes, MY BACK!!!! I screamed so loud and ran out to the driveway. I tried to shoo it off of me and it started crawling up my back! Then worst thing that could happen did. It CRAWLED UP INTO MY HAIR! I ran into the front yard and was ready to disrobe, but he finally flew away. Oh my gosh, it was the creepiest thing ever and I think I'm wounded for life! Needless to say, I have a sore throat now from all my screaming and I will never go near a bird like that again. Gross!!!"

Of course I'm laughing at myself with this last one! Any way, life is beautiful, but it also has trials. We truly have so much to be thankful for. I'm thankful that we had money (even though it wiped us out) to cover the pump and we have clean running water. Eric got wonderful news and such an answer to prayer when he went to the ortho surgeon and was told that his knee was getting better and he doesn't need to have the surgery! He never did get the work equipment back, but we are so thankful that it was just equipment and that no one got hurt. We got rid of the fleas and I have not had another bird attack!

 God is always with us and I am truly grateful.

“Jesus said to her, ‘Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but those who drink of the water that I will give them will never be thirsty. The water that I will give will become in them a spring of water gushing up to eternal life.’”  John 4:13-14

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...