This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Preparing for Thanksgiving!

 Thanksgiving is tomorrow and we are ready!
 The front porch is decorated and ready to greet our guests!
 The house is decorated...
 ...with pilgrims and turkeys galore!
 Antique turkey salt and pepper shakers adorn my windowsill.
 The pie safe is all decked out!
 Some of my vintage Gurley candles mixed with other fun treasures.
 I glued this vintage cardboard turkey to an old board found on our property. I love it!
 I found this cute book at a thrift store this year.
Warm touches in the family room.
 A "stuffed" turkey and classic Thanksgiving book, Cranberry Thanksgiving.
I filled the centerpiece box with pumpkins and rose hips from the property and some pilgrims and turkeys. My husband found the shed antlers in the woods.
 I love this box my hubby made for me from old fence boards!
 I got my 33+ year old Thanksgiving notes that I took when I was a young woman as I watched my mother prepare Thanksgiving.
 I prepared the menu and the grocery list.
 I went shopping with a very special little person last Wednesday. We had a fun little surprise of seeing two black birds walking around in the grocery store!
 So excited to get a free turkey because I purchased over $100.00!
 Baby boy says it's a good turkey!
 I started planning the dishes.
Started defrosting the turkey on Sunday.
 Today I prepared it and put it in a bag. This is my favorite way of preparing the bird. It always turns out so moist, flavorful and tender!
 I boiled the giblets and neck along with onion and celery. I will use this broth tomorrow for the stuffing!
 Normally I would peel the potatoes, but this year....
 ....I'm trying something new. I got this tip on line, you simply make a cut in the skin all the way around  the potato with a knife and.....
 ....boil them. After you drain them, the skin comes right off. I sure hope it works. I'll find out tomorrow!
The table is set and we are ready to host Thanksgiving dinner for 16 of our relatives tomorrow! I can't wait!

Wishing you a very happy Thanksgiving with all of your loved ones!

"I will praise the name of God with song, and shall magnify Him with thanksgiving!" Psalm 69:30

Hugs, Sharon

5 comments:

Susan Russ said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Sharon.wishing you a very blessed day.

Susan Russ said...

P.S. Your home looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. I am interested in that potato tip, if you have time I would love to hear if it really worked. We were up early and did a 5K Turkey Trot :) I love your planning and note taking. I need to work on that.

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
Your house looks beautiful! And hopefully you had nice weather too, by the looks of your front porch. Your guests must feel so special to come to your home. So inviting and cozy. Free turkey?! Love it! Yes, we'd all love to hear how the potato experiment turned out.

Now it's the mad dash 'til Christmas. Where has this year gone?

Rose of Sharon said...

Mardell, Please leave a comment with your phone number. I promise I won't publish it! I want to call you. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...