This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Saturday, October 24, 2015

I finally have a table in my kitchen!

 I am so excited that I figured out a way to put a little table in my kitchen!
 We have a challenging kitchen. It is very long and not very wide. We have a brick wall that actually has an alcove that once held a wood stove. I copied the previous owners and hid the hole with a big china hutch. I felt like the kitchen looked so empty in the middle, so I put a little cabinet there as an island. I put a small table on the right side of the hutch flanked by two black chairs and set my TV on it. I never have liked it that much and desired to have a table in my kitchen just like I see in old movies.
I found a cute little wood table with an oak top and black painted legs at a garage sale for $20.00. It gave me inspiration to figure out a way to put it in my kitchen. I finally got the idea to move the china hutch down, put the island in the alcove and I moved the table in. Here you can see our little alcove. I really wish we had budget to add on and push our kitchen out to the south (where the sink is now) and then put a gas fireplace in this alcove and have to comfy wing back chairs on either side. It would be such a great cozy reading nook, but I can only dream.
 I moved all the furniture and lugged the table in all by myself. I kind of liked it, but I was a little scared. It would take some getting used to. It seems like it's missing something, perhaps a tablecloth would help.
 I didn't have a tablecloth, but I found this black and white checked fabric. Yes, I think that's what my little table needed, it needed to be softened.
It has been so fun for me to do my Bible study in my little cozy kitchen!
I decorated my house for Halloween and put this cute orange and black plaid tablecloth on my table and I love it.
Having a real tablecloth made all the difference. I am now on the hunt for two more chairs.
I moved the TV to the table in the alcove and hung my little shelf above it.
This is really growing on me!
We seem to have more room in here now.
My husband likes it too. I am so excited that my company can come and sit and visit with me while I'm cooking!
I think having the table will be so nice when I make large meals, bake or do projects.

My kitchen is still not my dream, but this is one step closer. My husband said we will work on it soon. One thing I know for sure is that I want to paint the cabinets cream and add black pulls and knobs. I would really like to figure out a way to move our fridge closer to the sink and stove. When they remodeled this house, they put the fridge too far from the heart of the kitchen. I have been trying to figure out a low budget way of moving things around. I wonder if we could move it to where the trash compactor is and tear out the pantry and reconfigure the cabinetry down in that corner. Do any of you have any suggestions for us?
For now, I am much more happier with my kitchen and am so thrilled to have a table in the center!

"Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His presence continually!" I Chronicles 16:11

Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

Denise said...

Wow...It looks great!! You have done an awesome job on it! Your kitchen looks even more cozier with the table in there and the hutch and island in the other places. I love it!

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
I agree with Denise!

What a wonderful purchase and using your creative juices to re-arrange the kitchen. Looks so welcoming...now where are the chocolate chip cookies? They're missing from the table. LOL

Jim and Sandy Bertrand said...

Sharon, love the kitchen and the addition of the table is a plus. You are doing a fine job with the decorating and the idea of cream cabinets is perfect.

Anonymous said...

Love the new kitchen. The table is wonderful and really adds to the cozy feel for sure. you will love it and it is a good work surface too. the other pieces really fit well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...