This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Autumn is here...

Autumn is in full swing and our house reflects that! I am scaling back a bit from my head to toe entire house decorating that I used to do. I just decorated our farm table centerpiece box and the top of our pie safe in the kitchen.
First let's look at the table centerpiece. I filled the centerpiece box with pine cones, pumpkins, gourds and turkey feathers from our property. I have a couple a set of beautiful candlesticks that I got from Eric's mother and I topped with smokey glass light globes. Mr. Pumpkin Head sits in the middle with a pumpkin book and a cool plate depicting a black crow.
I found some rose-hips across the street and added them in as well.
I love this box that my hubby built me last year. He built it from old fence boards from our property and we used it for my son's wedding rehearsal (Cameron and Megan) dinner and then I placed it on the farm table. I love the chippy paint!
The other area I decorated was the pie safe in the kitchen.
I glommed on tons of autumn items.
I have there of these very cool heavy brass pine cones from an old cuckoo clock and they are right at home in my display.
Found this cute little fall elf this year along with the little smiling pumpkin. I found the vintage black and orange tins in my father's workbench when we cleaned out his garage.
I've always loved this old illustration from an antique children's book of children helping father bring in their harvest of apples. I framed it in a shabby black frame.
Autumn is my favorite time of year. I love the crisp, cool mornings, bright sunny afternoons and cool nights. I love the changes of colors in the trees and all of the leaves on the ground. I love getting snuggy in my cozy house with a warm bowl of soup by the fire. I'm so thankful that God gave us the four seasons, each one brings such delight!

Happy fall everyone!

"As long as the earth endures, seed time and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease." Genesis 8:22

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Erin said...

Your centerpiece is beautiful! I would be intimidated by having so much space to fill, but you've done a great job!

Denise said...

I love the way you decorate...just beautiful!!

Sheri said...

Beautiful,I'm on the hunt for a pie safe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...