This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Enchanted garden...

The last time I showed you pictures of our garden was in July (click here to read that post).
Since then it has gone gangbusters!
It truly is an enchanted garden or "garnen" as my precious grandson says!
It's fun because we have a deer fence all around it, so you have to open the gate to enter and it feels magical!
The artichokes grew!
The cucumbers grew!
I have a very special assistant to help pick them!
Look at those beauties!
The peppers grew!
The tomatoes grew!
The tomatoes grew so big my husband had to tie them up so they wouldn't fall over!
Mmmm! Fresh off the vine! Delicious!
MacGyver loves the garden!
My herbs grew!
Look how much the petunias grew from this on July 12th...
...to this on August 17th! I love our garden!
A long time ago my husband and I gave this gazing ball to my father for a gift for his garden and when he moved from his house we received it back. I put it in the center of the windmill.
Ridley loves going in the "garnen"!
The strawberries grew!
Mmmm! So good for a little boy to eat!
Wow, we were really surprised at how much our plants produced their first year! We ended up getting about three of these bowls full!
About 25 years ago my husband and I made this bird feeder for my father for an old fashioned "home made" Christmas exchange. It has been nailed to a giant old growth fir tree at their house all these years and when they moved I took it down and now it stands proudly in our garden.
The corn is coming up, the beans went wild and the onions are doing marvelous!
I took this photo July 12th....
.....and this one July 30th! Look at all that growth in just two weeks! Crazy!
The zucchini and pumpkins are coming in awesome!
Ridley says, "This zee-chini is heaby". :)
Beautiful!
I love picking from our garden with my little helper. See him at the end of the row of beans?
Today I picked cucumbers and onions!
The corn has grown over 8 foot tall!
It's a jungle out there!
Oh my goodness, I can't wait to eat that fresh corn!
I have had a very busy and somewhat stressful summer and my garden is my place of peace, calm and rejuvenation!
The lemon cucumbers are so fresh and tasty!
My husband and I both enjoy working in the garden together.
Today more cucumbers and a couple of artichokes!
Eric built a compost pile for us. He cut a small flap in the netting around the garden, so we have a little trap door to throw it through.
My hubby planted sunflowers around the south and west borders of the garden.
They have grown to over ten feet tall and are so pretty! The birds love eating the seeds!
The zinnias came in so beautifully!
More produce for dinner! Tomatoes, onions and corn!
We love eating from our garden. It makes us feel real good that we grew it ourselves and it's so healthy!
Yes, we had a truly enchanted garden this year. I am so sad to see it start to die off. But to everything there is a season and we will plant again!

"Build ye houses, and dwell in them; and plant gardens, and eat the fruit of them." Jeremiah 29:5

Hugs, Sharon

5 comments:

Sherry said...

oh sharon .. your garden is so beautiful!! you and your husband's (and might i say your helper's helping helpness..he's so darling) labor of love is a feast for the eyes. so thankful you have this addition of joy in your lives. :) just beautiful.

Mardell said...

Oh WOW!! Your "garmen" is gorgeous. I can't believe all the details and it's no wonder you love it out there. It's spectacular! You should submit that to a magazine. I'm drooling over here! Ridley is so cute; your little helper. The sunflowers, zinnias, petunias ~ everything is beautiful. You and Eric should be very proud of your garden! I've never heard of a lemon cucumber. Looks delicious! As do your strawberries and tomatoes. I'm so glad you posted the progress. Oh, and your herbs ~ love them in the wheelbarrow.

Susan Russ said...

Such a blessing! The garden is bountiful and beautiful! Thank you for sharing those pictures.

Mardell said...

Forgot to mention how much I adore the bird feeder that you and Eric had made for your Dad. It takes an honorary position in your spectacular garden!

Denise said...

This is beautiful!! I absolutely love it! I so enjoy reading your blog and looking at all the wonderful pictures of your beautiful home. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I get such great inspiration from you...thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...