This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Back to school!

 It's back-to-school time and my front porch reflects it!
 Even though I don't have little children anymore, I still like to do do this annual decorating.
 Technically our youngest, Hayden, is going back to school, but it's college!
 I made a cute little display with some traditional plaids.
 Who remembers yellow rubber boots as a back-to-school staple as well as a plaid metal lunch pail?
 I cute little farmy bucket filled with fall apples!
 I found this cute little handmade boy doll at a thrift store. He looks like he's from the turn of the century and he's heading off to a one room school house.
 It's not back-to-school without a chalkboard and an apple for teacher!
 Love these old vintage roller-skates with original key!They are identical to a pair that I owned as a child!
 My father's school books from the 1930s!
 I love this old school chair I found at a rummage sale for only $2.00. It works perfectly in my display!
 Inside the house I made a fun display on top of our pie-safe.
 The pie-safe stands next to the fridge between the kitchen and family room.
 Love reproduction print of four kittens in school.
 I grouped together some school related items.
 The little metal globe is a new find this year.
 Love this whimsical studious blue bird with his reading glasses!
 Love my new antique ABC books that are leaning in the back.
 A little bus, some vintage paintboxes and some wise owls.
 I love and collect the old Ginn readers. The illustrations in them are just so sweet.
 Cute magnets on the fridge!
Oh how I miss the days of getting my kiddo's ready for back-to-school with clothes shopping, school supply shopping and filling their backpacks. They were good times for sure, but now they are all grown and my grandson will be starting school before I know it, but I am hoping time will slow just a bit before that happens!

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come." II Corinthians 5:17

Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

Susan Russ said...

Enjoyed your decorations! Did my front porch similar with a scarecrow sitting on an old milk can and fall leaves. Decorated the fireplace mantle with leaves and a porcelain farm and animals. Thanks for sharing yours.

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Your displays are so cute! Love the plaid suitcase and old skates! And your collection of old toys is impressive... neat pieces! :) ...Thanks so much for popping into see me and for leaving the sweet comment! Hope you have a great weekend! ~Rhonda

Judy said...

I always love to see your decorations Sharon, and what you did with the ice cream in the previous post was so neat, you always come up with the neatest ideas. I so enjoyed your photos of the wedding, thanks for sharing them.

Kathi said...

Sharon, you have such a knack with decorating. I'm sure your children have always loved the way to theme decorated for each season, and now Ridley will love it. Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...