This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, August 27, 2015

The barn's ready to party!!!

 The barn is finally all decorated for the wedding rehearsal dinner for my son, Grayson and his bride to be, Rachelle!
 We have worked all week on this and now it is time for this big barn bash!
 We are blessed indeed by this union that will happen tomorrow!
 All the lights are hung and each detail is ready.
 We will soon be having 33 people here for a wonderful celebration!
 I hung quilts on a rope to cover the entrance to the big barn to hide all the junk that's in there.
 We did the same thing last year for Cameron and Megan's rehearsal dinner (click here to read about that) and Grayson and Rachelle enjoyed it so much that they asked if we would do the same thing for their rehearsal dinner. Of course we were very happy to do it for them!
 This year planning it out was much easier because I kept notes on how we did it last year.
 I wanted to change things up a bit to make it unique for Grayson and Rachelle.
 I changed it up by adding a splash of turquoise!
 I love how this table turned out. It's an old wire spool. I painted the center turquoise and stenciled Corporation on the top. I spray painted the old boots and the picture frame. I just love the old classic photo of the high school sweethearts walking together and holding hands after one of Grayson's football games.
 I painted the old bike black last year and set it at the entrance.
 I made this sign for the kids. This sentiment applies to my husband and I as well!
 I think the barn turned out so cute!
 Another thing I did different this year is covering the bales of hay with burlap. Last year I used small quilts.
 I brought in the color yellow too and used Eric's grandmother's quilt as one of the tablecloths.
 It's the wedding ring pattern which is so appropriate!
 I used pie tins for plates, mason jars for drinking glasses and bandannas for napkins.
 The food was served in old enamelware pans.
 Old high chair with painted ice cream bucket filled with flowers. I spray painted the bunny yellow.
 These antique insulators are the perfect shade and were a cute added touch.
 I painted an old headboard with "It's the stuff that dreams are made of".
 I borrowed this rag swag from my friend. It was too pale with the creams and whites, so I bought red, turquoise and yellow ribbon at the dollar store and tied them into the swag. Now it really coordinates with the rest of the decor.
 Grow old with me!
 Happy Ever After!
 I made place markers for the Bride and Groom and all the parents.
I really love how the turquoise paint turned out on these chairs!
 It's so exciting!
 I used an old window with a wreath hung on it. I added in the hydrangeas for a pop of color.
 It looks so cute!
 I hung quilts on the walls.
 More painted furniture in this little nook.
 A beautiful picture of the happy couple!
 Two shall become one!
 My husband made me another centerpiece box.
 He made one last year out of old fence boards. I am using it inside the house on our farm table, so he made me another one for the party. This one will be used for future outdoor events and parties. I painted it yellow and then turquoise. I used lemon cucumbers and hydrangeas for the centerpiece.
 I was worried someone would take Ridley's seat, so I made him a place marker! haha
 Here's the old desk that I painted.
 I rescued it from the Goodwill pile.
 It worked perfectly to hold the dessert plates, forks and napkins.
 I used this cute little antique drawer to hold the napkins.
 I love the bright colors!
 Things are looking to pretty!
 I found this chandelier at a thrift store for $12.00. It worked perfectly!
 We used bales of hay in this corner to hold the drinks and the bread.
 An old bucket serves as a wine chiller.
We are set to go and now headed over to the wedding rehearsal! I can't wait!!!


"For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations." Psalm 100:5


Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

Sherry said...

you are simply amazing. :)
how blessed the happy couple will be
by your labor of love.

Anonymous said...

simply stunning!!! love the vignettes with the furniture. they will remember this forever.

Denise said...

Wow...this is really beautiful! I love the turquoise, just everything! You have done a wonderful job on all of it...Gorgeous! PS.. I love your blog and have been a fan of it for a couple of years now. Blessings.

Anonymous said...

Hello Sharon! I've followed your blog for a few years now. I am happy for the new couple even though i don't know them personally. But we are family in the Kingdom and you Sharon have been through a storm but have shown your faithfulness to Him and the family you were given. Blessings, Blessings for you and all in Jesus's name. Love the way you created the barn and everything else. It shows your love and creativeness. God bless always! Never surrender!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...