This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Ready to get gussied up!

 I found a dress to wear to my son's wedding! Whew! Nothing like waiting until the last minute, they are getting married in 10 days!
 I actually thought I was way ahead of the game, I purchased this dress from JC Penney's back in March and thought I was good to go. Unfortunately, when I decided to try it on again about two weeks ago, I didn't like it! It's a pretty dress, but the shade is just too pale for me and I didn't feel pretty at all.
My soon-to-be daughter-in-love, Rachelle, chose these colors for the wedding, so I decided I would try to find a dress in the darker coral color.
 I promptly went to my computer and started looking for dresses on line to get some ideas and order one if I could find it. I thought this one one be nice because it is cute, yet modest, but they did not have my size. Grrr!
I should mention that the kids are having an outdoor, country wedding, so I don't want a dress that is too formal. I thought this sundress was cute, but again it's not available in my size.
 I found this dress on Google Images. It's too short and too young for me, but I wish I could find something similar that's longer.
 This one is gorgeous and actually reminds me of the dress I wore last summer in Cameron and Megan's wedding (my son and daughter-in-love). Click here to see that dress and just for fun, click here to see the dress I wore to my first son's wedding. But, same song, second verse...it's not available in my size. I am not a mall shopper at all and was trying to avoid it, but I'm not having any luck with find my dress online. Don't get me wrong, I love to shop, but only at thrift stores and garage sales. I worked in retail for many years when I was young and have had my fill. I also don't like the prices compared to the second hand stores and I usually end up with self esteem issues when I leave the mall with those awful three-way mirrors and bright fluorescent lights! haha. Anyway, I had to put my feelings aside as this was almost an emergency and I needed to hit the mall ASAP!
 I started at Penney's and had no luck. Everything was too tight, too young, too old, too high fashion or terribly unflattering.  I was getting really down and I said a prayer. I asked God to help me find something and I then went to Macy's and found these three coral contenders.
 The first was a cute coral lacy number.
It's okay, but something's just not right.
 I think what's wrong is that this is a "Junior" cut and the waist hits me in the wrong place. I never really understood the difference between Junior and Missy, but now I get it. As we age gravity sets in and alters the body, things drop, sag and expand. It's a bummer, but it is what it is and I'm thankful we have clothes that are made for us!
 This one is cute too.
 It fits like a glove.
 It seems to be flattering to my figure.....
 ....until I saw this angle in the mirror. It shows my poochie tummy and I don't want to be worrying about that. Also, it just isn't summery or special.
 Hmm....this one is pretty cute.
 It definitely has style.
 It fits me now and if (and that's a big "if") I lose a few pounds it would still look nice (the back is not buttoned in this photo).
 It's summery and stylish, yet simple and subdued.
 I think it's flattering too.
 Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! This is my dress!!! Thank you Lord for answering my prayer! It didn't have a price on it, so I went up to the counter with my fingers crossed that it would be super cheap, but nope, it was $83.30. Oh well, it was originally $98.00, so I saved a little.
 I promptly went to the shoe department and found these adorable wedges. I was thrilled when I got them on sale, on sale, on sale for $21.47! They were originally $59.99!
 This is what my hubby is wearing, khaki slacks, a cream shirt with coral tie. He's wearing his Romeo's and a brown belt.
 The next thing was to find my jewelry. I was so excited when I found this gorgeous fun necklace at Penney's. It was on clearance for only $11.99!
 I was a little sad that I could not find bright and fun coordinating bracelet and earrings. I looked at every store in the mall and then ended up with a gold and diamond set. The bracelet was on sale for $14.00 and the earrings were on clearance for only $1.99!
 I think the necklace is the star of the outfit and it is best that my other jewelry is more sedate. Upon closer inspection of the necklace, it looks to me like there is a jewel missing from the pale pink flower on the top left. I will have to find a pearl or diamond button to attach there.
 I really wanted to find a special purse for my outfit and then I shopped my own closet and found this cutie!
 It's a vintage beaded bag with this amazing inlaid white abalone clasp. It's perfect and cost me nothing!!! The whole outfit cost $132.75, which is a lot for this frugal thrifty gal, but it is for a very special occasion and I am thrilled!
I am so happy with my outfit and now can mark that off the list! This week I am getting the barn ready for the rehearsal dinner! I will be painting furniture, making signs and putting together fun vignettes. I am so excited to get creative. I am so happy for Grayson and Rachelle and can't wait to celebrate their day of love and commitment to each other!

"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, for His steadfast love endures forever!" Psalm 107:1

Hugs, Sharon

8 comments:

Molly Moore said...

The coral color looks beautiful on you! A stunning outfit!
Blessings-
Molly

Anne F said...

Your outfit is just gorgeous. I have son getting married in Florida which we will not be able to attend but they are having a huge reception here in Indiana about 3 weeks later so I need to find a dress for that. This is my last son for a while. Thank goodness as 4 sons and one married twice is alot in less then 10 yrs for me.

Barbara Beach said...

Super pretty Sharon and great color for you! I hope you post pictures of the bride and groom.

Blessings to all~

Barbara

Pam said...

Beautiful outfit! Love reading your blog. :)

Heartfelt living said...

What a perfect dress! You will look beautiful! Congratulations to the special couple.

Kathi said...

I love your pretty outfit. You will be comfortable and beautiful on your son's wedding day! The color is perfect for you too. Hugs, Kathi

Rue said...

You look fantastic in coral, Sharon :)

The dress, shoes and everything are perfect for the wedding, but I seriously think you need to go get that second to last dress. It looked sexy, but not overtly so and it would be perfect for dinners out with the hubby ;)

I hate malls and never shop there. You're not the only one that feel horrid in those awful lights, trust me!

xo,
rue

Mardell said...

Wowzers! You picked out the perfect outfit. You always do. Thanks for taking us along your shopping trip! I'd never be brave enough to take pictures of myself in the dressing room. Ha!

Is the wedding this Sat? Aug. 15?

Hope everything goes well and congratulations to all! Can't wait to see pictures, too. Have fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...