This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Just two more days!!!

This beautiful couple is getting married in just two days! We are so excited! Grayson and Rachelle were high school sweethearts and have been together for 7 years now! They got engaged a year and a half ago and now the day is finally almost here! Our whole family loves Rachelle and her family loves Grayson. It's a perfect fit!
I had a wonderful breakfast with the bride-to-be a few days ago. We had so much fun talking about the wedding and being a wife and mother. :)
I gave her the "something old" for her to carry in her bouquet. It's an old family heirloom.
It's a gold locket in the shape of the liberty bell that was my grandmother Ethel's. It has her name engraved on the back. Inside it holds a picture of her and her beloved one and only, Harry (my grandfather). It also has a little piece of paper with all the names of the women who carried it in their wedding bouquet including myself, my two sisters and my other two daughter-in-laws, Brittany and Megan!
 And now we will write Rachelle's name inside it too!
I also wanted to show you where they will be living. I am super excited because they found a mobile home on 19 acres just 1 mile down the road from us!
The mobile home was in disrepair when they purchased it and needed to be bulldozed.
They bought this place for the beautiful acrage and are planning on building a farm house with a front porch and all.
They attended a financial seminar and made the decision to be debt free, so they changed their minds and now their goal is to fix up the mobile home and build their dream house in about three to five years.
We feel that this is a very wise decision for the kids to make. I'm so thankful that they are frugal and want to be debt free.
Also, living on the property before they build will really give them clarity with where they actually want to place the house and the layout and design of the house.
This property is amazing! It has a creek running on three sides!
Grayson is living there now and Rachelle will move in after they are married.
They have been fixing up the inside, but not spending a whole lot of money because they know it's temporary. I told them that someday they will look back on the old mobile home so fondly because it will be their first cozy love nest.
Grayson bought the place in December and right away leased out the property to a friend for his cattle to graze. Here he is showing his nephew, Ridley, the cows.
I was cracking up because of the way he was holding Ridley. Grayson reminds me so much of his Dad! Here they are heading to the barn. Grayson and Rachelle both absolutely love this property. I know they are going to have some wonderful times here and make lasting memories!
Their property is only one mile from us, but it's down this curved road, so we cannot see them at all. I like that they are so close, but yet they have their privacy. An added bonus is that I do occasionally see him drive by when I'm out on my walk.
Here he is heading to work!
And there he goes! You can see our house in the background on the right. Rachelle recently rode her bike up to our place and brought along their dog Layla. I love it that they are so close, it will be wonderful!
My husband and I are so very happy that these two kids are getting married.


In just two days they will be married and soon the mailbox will say Mr. and Mrs!

“Build houses and settle down; plant gardens and eat what they produce. Marry and have sons and daughters; find wives for your sons and give your daughters in marriage, so that they too may have sons and daughters." Jeremiah 29: 5-6

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Molly Moore said...

Oh Sharon this is so exciting!!! Can't wait to see the wedding photos!!! What gorgeous property!!!!
Blessings-
Molly

Mardell said...

I'm so happy that they'll be so close. How neat that you saw Grayson on your walk. What a nice pc. of property they've found. I can envision a beautiful farm house there some day (and grandkids!)

Love the Liberty Bell charm. How special is that?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...