This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, August 7, 2015

Confession time. I do weird stuff.

So how did I get to the point of being bent-over in my driveway in my pajamas, bathrobe and slippers picking up a mixture of both dog food and cat food you ask? It's because I had one of my harebrained "I Love Lucy" ideas.
 This is how it started. I watch my adorable grandson, Ridley, twice a week and, naturally, I hold him and carry him around quite often. Several times a day we take walks throughout our property and a lot of the time I'm holding him. He probably weighs 25 pounds now, so it's actually a nice little workout. As I was trying on my dress for the wedding, I noticed that my arms are looking better than they used to and I realized that it's probably because I'm holding my sweet little punkin all the time. They went on vacation, so I didn't watch him for a week and I decided that I should try to workout somehow to keep my arms strong while he's away. If only I had something I could lift up and carry around the property that weighs about 25 pounds and is a little pliable, like a big sack of potatoes. The only problem was I did not have a big sack of potatoes.
Enter my brilliant idea. How about the big bag of dog food? Yes, I do believe that will work perfect. I went out to the garage and found the opened, half used, 36 pound bag of dog food. I lifted it up and it didn't feel heavy enough, so I cleverly thought to put the opened, half used, 16 pound bag of cat food inside the bag of dog food.
Yup, this feels heavy enough, it feels about the same weight as my sweet Ridley.
 Doesn't every girl walk around her yard in her robe with bed-head and morning breath carrying around a big bag of pet food?
Don't be hate'n.
Haha! Since we have moved to the country I have done a ton of things out in my yard in my PJs! Don't judge!
So my brainy plan was actually working out quite nicely. I walked all around the front of the house, the back patio, down the little lane to the barns, back by the goat pen, over the little bridge and back to the house carrying my big yellow bag of dog food, moving it from arm to arm, from hip to hip until.....
 ..... all the sudden this happened. Ugh! Oh my gosh why????
 So I'm out in my driveway doing this when I should be in the shower getting ready for work.
 Oh the pickles I get myself into. I'm just thankful the UPS man didn't suddenly show up. This is just one of the many things I have done that are not wrong or illegal, but that if someone (such as the UPS man) came upon me they would totally think I was a total weirdo.
 Oh well, I cleaned it up the best I could and whistled for my dog to come. At least somebody was grateful for my goofy idea!

Haha, I'm laughing at myself, but actually this was a great workout and my arms felt it all day. I do believe I'm going to do this again this morning, but I think I will duct tape the bag closed!

Oh, and if you are wondering how I got these pictures; like any good blogger, I always have my camera on me. As I stared down at the mixed medley of dog and cat food and thought to myself what a ding-dong I was, I remembered my camera was in my pocket so I snapped a few photos.

Oh, and one more thing...if you are wondering about my crazy hair color, I'll be blogging about that soon too. Oy vey.

"Sarah said, "God has made laughter for me." Genesis 21:6a

Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

I literally laughed out loud!!!

Kathi said...

Sharon, You are so funny. I love this post because it is so real about you. I know you would do that for sure because I have seen you do funny "I Love Lucy," ideas like this when I have stayed with you. Very cute! I hope the puppy/cat chow does the trick! :) Kathi

Heartfelt living said...

Oh Sharon, you are a fun gal! Haha Totally sounds like something I would do. What a fun post! Have a great weekend. : )

Mardell said...

I think you're on to something here. A new trend!! I love it. Yes, you are a funny gal indeed. (Smile.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...