This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Picking berries with my little punkin...

 I get the wonderful blessing of being able to watch my precious grandson two days a week.
 He is absolutely amazing. He fills my heart with joy. I love, love, love him!
I am so thankful for our new house out in the country, we bought it just in time when our first grandchild arrived. I am having so much fun exploring the property with Ridley and showing him things and teaching him things out in nature. Yesterday we decided to go out back and pick blackberries.
 I was so happy to see that there are a few that are already ripe and waiting for Ridley and I to pick them.
 We found a patch that had berries just his height. My goodness, he's so cute!
Ridley caught on to picking them very quickly.
He learned to only pick the black ones.
 And it's okay to snack on them as you pick them. Yummy!
 We have not had much rain at all this summer, so we did not have too many really big juicy berries, but they were still very tasty.
 There was not a huge bounty yet, but Ridley found plenty.
 His tiny fingers can't hold too many at once, oh, oh, one dropped. Ridley says, "Oh no!"
 He's so stink'n cute!
 Grandchildren really are the fruits of our labor. I do not take my role as grandmother lightly. I feel that my role is to enhance the wonderful training he's receiving from his parents, especially his mamma. I know there are so many things I can teach him, especially about God.
 I am praying that the Lord has his hand upon this little one.
 I pray that God will always keep him safe, healthy and happy and that he will always love Jesus. I know God has big plans for this little one!
Ridley says, "All done!" and we head back to the house. Oh what a good time we had and oh how I love this little boy!

"Grandchildren are the crowning glory of old men." Proverbs 17:6

Hugs, Sharon

5 comments:

Sue said...

Grandchildren are indeed the fruits of our labor! Blessings to you as you enjoy this special time with Ridley!
Sue

Sherry said...

living vicariously through you as you delight in being a grandmother. :)

Mary said...

Sharon, been a long time since we chatted. So nice to find you again. If you have a moment, please stop over to my Writing Nook. Grandchildren are wonderful. My grandsons are all grown up now at 18 and 20

Rue said...

Hi Sharon! I'm so glad you found me and left such a sweet comment. Thank you :)

Your grandson is adorable! What a fun time you two had. So sweet!

xo,
rue

Curious Thinker said...

Hello Sharon, it's been a while I been on your blog just wanted to say those are nice pictures of your grandson and glad you all had a good time picking berries. God Bless.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...