This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Our garden is growing!

 Our garden is growing so beautifully! I wanted to share with you how it is progressing along. The photos I shared with you the other day were from the beginning of May. The above photo was taken June 15th and you can see that things are starting to grow!
The remaining photos in this post were all taken on June 30th and July 1st.
 It's amazing how everything has started to sprout!
 The artichoke plants are getting so big!
 The tomatoes are really taking off!
 I found this old wheelbarrow at a garage sale for $5.00 and it works perfectly for my herb garden!
 The raspberries are really coming in! It's so hard to believe that they started from the little wads of weeds I posted the other day.
 We already have strawberries and they taste delicious!
 We also have a few blueberries! We were not expecting to get any this year, so this is a wonderful surprise!
 The onions are getting big!
 The corn is coming up strong too!
 The bush beans are growing, but sadly, we had a little section that did not grow.
 The snap peas were a disappointment as they did not grow well, but at least we did get a few pods.
 And boy, oh boy, are they tasty!
 The pumpkin plants are getting big!
 We already have a cucumber!
I love our garden, it is so peaceful and relaxing! I love getting a glass of wine and walking through it in the evenings.
 This garden is a lot of work, but the rewards are so well worth it!
Country life really is bliss!!!

Today is the 16th, a little over two weeks since I took these photos and the garden plants have doubled in size! We are harvesting cucumbers and zucchini by the boatload! I will post pictures soon!

Have a beautiful day!

"But grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ; to Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity." II Peter 3:18

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Heartfelt living said...

How wonderful! Such a great garden. Do you can any of your veggies?
We have a small garden and I have yet to try canning but have thought about it.
Have a great day. Thank you for sharing.

Sherry said...

"mary mary quite contrary how does your garden grow?"

beautiful garden area .. your country life is indeed bliss.

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
What a beautiful, professional garden! WOW! That is amazing. I had to pick my jaw up from the floor. Love all the details; esp. the windmill and wheelbarrow. You & Eric really outdid yourselves. Think of all the berries you'll have in the years to come. A wonderful investment.

I have a wonderful recipe for zucchini bread that everyone raves over. If you ever want it, let me know. Also, have you ever made "Lazy Day Pickles?" All you need is cukes, onions, green peppers, vinegar, sugar and celery seed. They keep in the fridge for months and months. Great to make when you have an over-abundance of cucumbers.

Good luck and looking forward to seeing the progress continue! (Oh, I love raw peas. So sweet and delicious!)

Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...