This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Finally, at peace and at rest...

It's been 7 years of turmoil, worry, stress and fear in regards to my parents financial and health concerns. Finally, that chapter is over. The person who took advantage of them can no longer hurt them  financially again. My sisters and I fought the good fight. We stepped in, took care of them and protected them the best we could, and after a five year waiting period they are now on Medicaid. A week ago we moved them to a beautiful assisted living facility where all of their needs will be met and they will be happy and safe.

Sadly, my father had a fall that required brain surgery and he is still in a rehabilitation center. He is doing well, but still has a way to go to recovery. The good news is that he knows us and his memory is pretty good.

When I got the news that my parents Medicaid was approved, I wept. All the fretting and worrying is finally over. This dark shadow has been hanging over me for so long, I still don't think I realize the impact it will make on my life to have this heavy burden lifted.

Praise the Lord for giving us strength and getting us through. I thank God for my dear sisters who were such support through it all. We made an awesome team. I thank God for my husband and kids who supported me as well.

I am no longer a housekeeper, errand runner, bookkeeper, defender or caregiver to my parents. Now I just get to be a daughter again and really enjoy them.

God is so Good! God is so faithful!

"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Mark 11:24

"Pray without ceasing!" I Thessalonians 5:17

"Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you." Jeremiah 29:12

Hugs, Sharon

12 comments:

Jan said...

Prayers answered! Sharon, I know how much your family relies on HIM to show you the way. Your patience, persistence and prayers have proven how faithful our God is to us.

God bless your family.
Jan

Sue said...

So happy for you Sharon, believe it or not I was thinking of you today and wondering how you were doing, since I had not seen any posts, Yes God is so Good and yes He is so faithful! Praying for continued healing for your dad, and blessings for them both!
Go and be that daughter! you have done well .
Blessings, Sue

Molly's Art Designs said...

That is great news Sharon-praise the Lord!!!
Blessings-Molly

Judy said...

I've been wondering how have been doing. I'm glad everything has worked out for your parents and for you. I know what it's like to be a caregiver of parents, it wears us physically and emotionally down. God is good and he gives us only what we can handle.
Sue is right, now you can go and be a daughter to your parents, as am I.

Tanza said...

Such wonderful news ..... I so wish that was the same for us right now, we are dealing with this same situation with my father in law. It is devastating what has happened to him, at the hands of a family member though .... I can't say much on here, but, we are NOW left cleaning up the financial mess, and why this person isn't thrown in jail is beyond me....such a mess, and it totally consumes me. Sickening, and keeps me awake many a night. We do keep it in prayer, and I know, cuz I know, we will get through the mess, it's getting through it though..the nasty things people will do for MONEY...glad to hear yours has ended and all is wonderful. Praying and lifting your family up as always my friend. Blessings and love to you ~Tanza~

Barbara Beach said...

Great news and God is good indeed! More blessings to come.

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
I'm so glad to see your new blog post this morning AND the good news about the Medicaid. I'm sorry to hear about your dad, though. He'll be in my prayers. I went through a lot with Medicaid when my DH was in the hospital. It was a long, drawn out process. Thank God he was approved and the staggering hosp. bills were covered. I cried too, when they told me of the approval. God is good.

Are you experiencing all the hot weather out there on the West coast? I was wondering how you're doing & if you have A/C in the house. Any 4th of July plans?

Sending love & hugs!

Anonymous said...

my mother, while living independently, is showing signs of memory loss and some confusion. she's going through a serious transition in life (we rescued her from her abusive husband .. she's 84, he's 88) and grief/trauma may very well be a factor in her current state of being. that said, i'm tracking many miles to and fro - i live in northern california and she lives in southern california. there are four daughters so we're all trying to come alongside at different times of the month and helping. she lives a mile from one sister (who needs a regular break). SOOO thankful things are better for your folks.

sherry at andwearpearls.blogspot.com

gin said...

Thankful your prayers are answered.

Curious Thinker said...

Glad to hear things turned out so well for your parents. Wish good luck to them and you. God Bless.

Anonymous said...

God always takes care of us. I am an RN in a Nursing Home and 90 per. cent of my patients are on Medicaid. Don't know why it took you so long to get MedicAid. In the Nursing Home I work in it cost $5000 a month.

Pamela

Rose of Sharon said...

Thank you everyone for your sweet comments! Mardell, it has been terribly hot! We do have air conditioning, but we are doing outdoor projects now, so we are melting! :) We had a nice 4th of July with part of our family. My heart still really hurts with the decision my son has made with his divorice. :( @ Pamela, we had to wait 5 years for my folks to be eligible for Medicaid due to them giving all of their money to my brother. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...