This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

On a happier note....

After sharing my sad news the other day, I want to share with you some of the blessings in my life. First of all though, I do want to thank all of you for such lovely comments of concern. Thank you for your prayers and encouragement. I have felt your prayers! Please keep praying for my son to come back to the Lord and to watch over Brittany and Ridley.

God is so good and so faithful. He is ever present. His grace and mercy are immeasurable. His forgiveness is unfathomable. He brings us joy and happiness. Recently my husband and I took a trip back east to Maryland and New York! We had such a lovely wonderful time. We planned this trip back in November and the timing of the trip ended up being absolutely perfect, God KNEW that we needed to get away exactly at the right time. Our trip was a true blessing.
My father-in-law, Jim, turned 80! He is actually adjusting very well after his wife's death in November. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, but he's holding his own and we have not noticed him declining, which I am so thankful for.
My parents are doing pretty good too. My sisters and I have been cleaning out their house in preparation of moving them to an assisted living facility. I am so grateful to God for these two people!
 We had a lovely Easter celebration at Cameron and Megan's house. Here's Mackenzie taking a picture of his adorable son, Ridley, having his first Easter egg hunt. He loved it! I am very thankful that our family still gets together.
 Beautiful Brittany and darling Ridley. She is amazingly strong and God is blessing her.
 The newlyweds, Cameron and Megan, have been married for 9 months now and are very happy!
 Grayson and Rachelle will be getting married in just 3 months!
 Hayden is doing great!
He is transferring to OSU next fall to obtain his degree in forestry and will be moving out this summer. He's been having fun working on his Jeep. He's still looking for that special someone!
 He took this amazing photo of this big cougar out in the wild when he was up in the woods for his job. This photo went viral on Facebook. I am so thankful that he was INSIDE the truck when he saw it!
 One of the silver linings during this difficult time is that I get to babysit this darling little boy.
When Mackenzie divorced Brittany, she went back to work full-time and I watch Ridley two days a week. I just love him so much. God has blessed Brittany with two other sweet ladies who watch him on the other days at no charge. Ridley has adjusted quite well to not being with Mommy all the time. He is such a happy baby. Brittany has adjusted quite well too.
Grayson and Rachelle bought this place in January. It's an old mobile home on 17 beautiful acres just one mile down the road from us! Grayson lives there now and Rachelle will move in after they get married. They are planning on living in the mobile home for three years and then will build their dream house after that. It's so wonderful that they will be so close to us, but yet they have total privacy, they actually live down a curved road and we can't see there place at all.
One day Ridley and I went down to visit Grayson. Grayson was showing Ridley the cows that are on his property (he's leasing it out). I cracked up when I saw the way Grayson was holding Ridley! This reminds me so much of my husband!
 Our pets, Blondie and MacGyver are such blessings to us!
Ridley loves walking around the property. He always squeals with delight, "OUTSIDE!" when it's time to go out. Blondie is watching over Ridley in this picture!
 It's been so much fun to watch him explore the world and discover new things!
To see things through a child's eyes is just precious to me and it's such a joy to show him new things like mud puddles!
Me on 34th street in Manhattan
So even though my heart has had sorrow and we've been through the ringer, God still gives us so much joy and so many things to be thankful for. I am truly grateful to God for everything. I will praise Him forever.

I will post about our trip soon.

"We know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

Hugs, Sharon

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is always something to Praise God for and to be thankful for! Thank you for this 'follow-up' post.
Such a wonderful reminder from a soldier in Christs army- very true and real life. You are a blessing Sharon. What an adorable picture of you and your hubby- hold tight to one another- God is working! :)
Love all the pics of your handsome family- and what a blessing to be with that sweet baby and have the privilege of looking over him- he looks so sweet! Love that one of Blondie as she has the look of "I know this is a little person" and looks to be careful around him :) Blessings to you and yours!
...(still praying!)

Sherry said...

there is beauty in the broken places of life .. for sure and for certain. bless you dearly.

Farrah said...

Ridley is such a cutie pie!

How wonderful that Grayson and Rachelle will live nearby.

Mary Anne said...

Sharon, I saw this article today and it made me think of you. I have been praying for you and your family. I know you are not Catholic. This article is from a Catholic publication and is written from that point of view. However, much of it is applicable to all Christian mothers everywhere who are praying over the faith lives of their children. I hope you find it a comfort. God Bless!

http://www.setonmagazine.com/latest-articles/have-your-children-lost-the-faith-how-st-anthony-can-help

Sue said...

Such an encouraging post, Sharon, I have been praying for you and your family, and will continue to pray!
The peace of God can never be explained only experienced, I sense that here! You have such a wonderful family,!
I will also be praying for Eric's father, I am a part time caregiver for an Alzheimer's patient!
Your parents look wonderful in the photo!.
Blessings,
Sue

Curious Thinker said...

Hello Sharon, I'm sorry about your son's marriage. However, I'm glad you are all doing well. I will pray for all of you. Glad that you still have something to be thankful for. God Bless.

Judy said...

I'm so glad you were able to get away. Ridley is so lucky to have you to be there for him, being a Grandma is so special.

Molly Moore said...

Sharon-

So glad you got to go on a fun trip!!! Blessings!!!
Molly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...