This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, February 9, 2015

Say "Yes" to the Dress!

 Love is in the air and it's AMAZING!!!! After our hard October 2014, it was so refreshing to have a very happy day in early November.
My soon to be daughter-in-love, Rachelle, invited me to her "Say 'Yes' to the Dress" brunch and wedding dress shopping day that her mother was hosting. Grayson and Rachelle were high school sweethearts and have been together for 7 years! They got engaged last Valentine's day and they are tying the knot this coming August! We are so excited and happy for them. I have been praying for Grayson's future wife since he was a little boy and Rachelle is the answer to that prayer!
Rachelle with her beautiful mother, Terri, in her beautiful home. Terri and I get along great and we are both so happy for the kids!
 Terri set such a beautiful table with burlap, lace, flowers and beautiful china!
 There were sweet notes on all of our plates from Rachelle.
 There were boxes on her girlfriend's plates.
Inside the box there was a very important question written: "Be my Bridesmaid?" and the box was filled with sweet notes, photos and and other mementos. Isn't that a brilliant idea!
She cleverly used paint chip samples held together with a mini clothespin to reveal the wedding colors. I love these colors!
 There's my beautiful happy girl! The brunch was delicious and we all had so much fun talking about all of the wedding plans! They are going to be married at this house out in the back pasture. It will be a beautiful country wedding!
 Here she is with her beautiful bridesmaids, who, by the way, all answered, "Yes" to her question! Jill, Camille and Stephanie are all just as sweet as Rachelle is!
 Rachelle with her beautiful mama, Teri and her beautiful grandmother.
 The two moms and the bride to be!
 I love my future daughter! If you look closely, you can see my "Groom's Mom" diamond pin!
After brunch we drove to town and looked at dresses!
 Oh my goodness, they are all so gorgeous!
There are so many exquisite dresses to chose from. We all helped her pick out a few to try on and a very lovely bridal consultant assisted us.
 Here we are, anxiously waiting for Rachelle to put on the first dress!
 Here she is being silly peeking out of the dressing room.
Oh my goodness, she is simply breathtaking! She's glowing! Terri and I got misty-eyed!
 She looked so pretty in every single dress she tried on!
Her ring is so beautiful, especially against that gorgeous beaded, lacy, white dress.
 Love the beautiful lacy train on this one! Simply stunning!
 Love the fluidness and simplicity of the toile.
She fit every dress like a glove!
 She actually looked like a model.
But this one??? Not so much! haha Love this shot of her cracking up as she came out of the dressing room!
Cute little bare feet!
We went to three bridal stores and found so many marvelous choices! After dress shopping we all went out to lunch and Terri treated us. What a fun day this was!!!
So many gorgeous dresses, which one did she choose? All of us girls know, but we'll never tell, it's a secret!!! You'll have to wait until August!
I am so grateful that Rachelle shared this special day with me!  I love my future daughter and her family and friends. I can't wait for all of the fun activities and events that will take place leading up to the big day! I can't wait to see these two love birds become one!!!


“But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” Mark 10:6-9

Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

Tanza said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Sharon,
Such fun times !!! We are getting ready for our oldest son's wedding in October, and, all the fun things to plan ...... BUT, we have 4 weddings in our family happening within 4 months of each other ...... yi yi yi ..... Trying to enjoy each moment ...... That is what happens when we all have children at the same age, everything comes in clumps :):) Can't wait to see how your wedding events come along. Ours is very Prarie Style, and have gotten lots of fun ideas from Fifi Oneils new book, Prarie Style wedding and celebrations, check it out on AMAZON .... Soooo many wonderful FUN ideas for everything to do with a wedding !!!! Hope your day is amazing, and, everything in your life is getting better :):) Love and blessings to you ~Tanza~

Sara said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog for a long time. I hadn't checked in for a while and then I couldn't find you. Yikes! So glad I was able to find your blog again. Thanks so much for sharing your lovely attitude and encouragement.

Curious Thinker said...

Hope you had a great time at the brunch, the food looks delicious. Also that was beutiful bridal gown of your future daughter-in-law. Congralations again on your other son's future wedding. God Bless.

donna said...

Looks like such a fun time, and what a beautiful bride she is going to make.I love that you are sharing so much of your life with us. I look forward every day to your blog. It feels like visiting with a old friend. God Bless!! Donna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...