This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

My glamorous life...

Sometimes I feel like Eva Gabor from the old TV show, Green Acres. She was a glamorous city girl who moved to a farm in the country, but she kept wearing her diamonds, mink stoles and feather boas. You can take the girl out of the city, but you can't take the city out of the girl! haha! I especially am reminded of her when I'm feeding our goats after work in a dress, high-heeled boots and  my diamond jewelry! Green acres is the life for me!
We have lived out in the country for a year and a half now and we are absolutely loving it! Right now the goats are the only animals we have (besides our dog and two cats), but we are eventually going to get chickens, two cows and perhaps a pig. We've also talked about getting a goose. Anyway, being a city girl, I was not familiar with how to take care of livestock, but I am learning!
We feed the goats grain every evening in the winter months and we have to make sure they have water in the summer once the creek runs dry and the pond shrinks down. Another chore I do for them is to clean out their pen about once a month and today I'm going to share with you how I do it. I always wear my muck boots and old clothes.
I always bring a cup of coffee to enjoy while I'm working...
...but apparently Nelly likes coffee too! haha
Shoo!!! You get away from my coffee Nelly!
Blondie came along to watch me work.
The first thing I do is clean up the old hay laying on the floor in the barn.
These goats are so curious! Nelly, Duncan and Daisy think that they will get a treat if they stay close to me.
They follow my every move.
And are constantly in the way! Oh well, I enjoy their company, they are pretty darn cute!
Once I get a wheelbarrowful of the old dirty hay, I take it out to the path and dump it and spread it out.
The goats are constantly walking on this path and it gets muddy on rainy days. The hay keeps the mud down.
Once I remove the old dirty hay, I get down to this muck. Yuck! I have to shovel it up and it's hard work.
I'm finally done and now it's time to lay down new hay.
All done! Now doesn't that look nice, clean and cozy for my beloved goats?
I'm not quite done yet, I must go out to their play structure and clean up their poopy mess out there. It's amazing how prolific our goats are in this department. Good grief!
I'm finally done and it feels great.
It's hard work, but these little cutie pies are worth it.

I think I'm ready to graduate to chickens.

"In all toil there is profit." Proverbs 14:23a

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

donna said...

So happy you are getting to live your farm life dream. Its still a dream for me. Thanks again for sharing your glamorous life .. God Bless, Donna

Molly Moore said...

Love the farm!!!! The goats are so cute!!! They make me smile:)
Blessings- Molly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...