This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Saturday, February 21, 2015

A fashion nod to my moms...

My dear sweet mother-in-love passed away in October and I was so blessed to be given many of her beautiful things. I was very touched that I received this beautiful silver ring of wrapping leaves that she purchased in Mexico sometime in the 1970s. I remember her wearing this ring often. I specifically have a memory of her holding my babies wearing this ring.

My dear sweet mother is still alive, which I'm so thankful, but she has health issues and memory issues going on and she's just not the same mama I remember. My sisters and I are taking on the hard task of cleaning up our parents home and we recently cleaned our mother's closet out. We each took some special pieces and I received this beautiful scarf. I remember my mom wearing this to church with her black wool full length coat.

This week I wore both of these pieces to work remembering my two moms who were both so beautiful, classy and had great taste. I am so thankful to God for these two amazing women.

"She dresses in fine linen and purple." Proverbs 31:22b

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Molly Moore said...

Sharon--
Love the ring and especially the sweet story! I can so relate to this post-I have been through similar times with my parents. How blessed you are to have such special ladies in your life!!!
Blessings-Molly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...