This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Hayden's trailer project...

 In October we celebrated our Grandson's first birthday and we offered hay rides for all the kiddos. It was so much fun and a dream come true to Mr. Farmer and the farmer's wife (me!). When we first bought our property, we envisioned having hay rides for our grandkids on our little farm someday and now it has come to fruition! Today I wanted to share with you the story behind the little trailer we used for the hay ride.
 When we first brought the property back in July of 2013, the previous owners had left this old, broken down trailer out in the goat pen. My husband wanted to take it to the dump, but I begged him not to and said, "I think it can be restored!" My hubby was not interested in restoring it as he had so many other more pressing projects, but my son, Hayden said he would like to do the job, so we talked my husband into sparing it from the dump pile!
 In January of 2014 Hayden started the project. First he unearthed it and tore off all the old rotten boards.
 Then he removed the axle and wheels.
 Now that it's stripped, it's time to rebuild!
 He worked every night after work on this project.
 It was a fun project for him.
 He's new at welding and has learned a lot and did a great job!
 My husband helped him build the sides out of plywood and they stained it. They also bought new tires for it.
 In just a few weeks, the little trailer is completely restored!
 It has come in very handy around the farm!
 But the best part by far has been using it for they hay ride for all the little children at Ridley's 1st birthday party!
 What joy!
It's hard to imagine that it started out as this old dilapidated thing left out in the field. All it took was some tender loving care!

Thank you so much to all of you who left side kind, loving and encouraging comments on my last post!  I cannot thank you enough for all of your prayers, they mean so very much to me and I can feel them! I prayed that God will bless all of you! My heart is still breaking, but I do have hope in the Lord. I believe God will restore our situation just like this old trailer was restored.

"For I will restore health to you, and your wounds I will heal, declares the Lord." Jeremiah 30:17

Hugs, Sharon

8 comments:

Barbara Beach said...

Happy to have you back and blogging...I missed the farm! God is faithful and I will definitely keep lifting you and your family in prayer. Continued blessings to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Barbara. So happy to have you back.....I too missed the farm :) Life can be so hard sometimes but God is always there for us. Keeping your family in my prayers. Bren

Mary said...

What a fantastic restoration!Hayden and hubby did a amazing job. You have the ability to see a diamond in the rough and bring it back to life.
The children must have loved the hayride around your beautiful grounds. I so enjoy following all your projects. The transformation of the barn for the rehearsal dinner was incredible!

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
Well, would you look at that?! What an amazing transformation! Your family is so talented & hard working. It's amazing that something destined for the dump turned out like that. Great job, Hayden. (Get it ~ HAYden, HAY wagon?) LOL

Thinking of you & my prayers continue. Hard to believe Ridley is one already. Is he walking yet?

HUGS!

Jan said...

Sharon, I loved the story of the trailer. We bought our middle so a welder for Christmas when he was 16 and it is to Andy as my sewing machine is to me...the best creative tool! Never bored!

Jeremiah 30:17 is one of my favorite verses. I kept it in front of me and read it often when I was dealing with the changes and heart break when my husband died.

Lifting you in prayer!
Jan

Tanza said...

Soooo happy to see you post AGAIN !!!! EVEN in the storms ..... you see your blessings ...... as a Christian, that is so very important for us ...... to live by faith .....
Loved seeing your farm again, and, I cannot believe Ridley is already 1 !!! Where or where does the time go ..... thank you for sharing, praying your week to be a blessed one, and, praying my friend xoxo

Molly's Art Designs said...

Impressed by the welding skills! What a cute idea for a birthday party! Love the verse from Jeremiah as well! Thanks Sharon!
Blessings-Molly

jAne said...

very nicely done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...