This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Trial & trust, waiting for victory!

I've been going through a very difficult time over the past few months.
I decided that I wanted to spend some alone time with God out behind our property to pray and read my Bible. I packed up my my stuff along with a lawn chair and my coffee and took a stroll. Come walk with me and let's talk a bit.
As I have aged, I have really begun to see that life is full of wonderment and amazing things, but with the good we must also endure the bad things as well. There are no guarantee's in this life, the only true and constant thing is God.
When I am faced with trials, it's so easy for me to fret and worry.  I don't want to be a wavering Christian who can only be happy when times are happy. I want to find my joy in the Lord and always be joyful, but it is really hard sometimes.
"When I heard this, I sat down and wept. In fact, for days I mourned, fasted, and prayed to the God of heaven." Ezra 8:21-23
What do you do when you realize that you cannot fight the battle?
You give it over to the Lord.
The battle is the Lord's.

"All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lords!" Samuel 17:47a
My heart is so very heavy,
but my HOPE is in the LORD!
Sometimes the pain I'm feeling is all-consuming.
 It all seems so desperate and so hopeless.
But, it is NOT HOPELESS!
God is in control!
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6
"Therefore also now, saith the Lord, turn ye to me with all your heart, and with fasting, with weeping and with mourning." Joel 2:12
I have been reading my Bible and clinging to God's promises.

"For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12
God sees all and knows all.
I am trusting God through this trial.
When you go through a hard time, you get closer to the Lord. I should be close to God all the time, and I do try, but it's very easy to get busy and start putting God on the back burner.
His word says for us to rejoice and be thankful in our trials because this is a time of growth in Him. I want to thank Him in advance for His perfect answer. I want to thank God for this trial because I am growing. I want to thank Him for all of His goodness and pick up His beautiful jewels while I am down in this valley.
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds,  because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.  Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4
I am finding great comfort in reading my Bible along with my two favorite devotional books, Jesus Calling and Streams in the Desert.
God NEVER ceases to amaze me!
I am so thankful that we can go to Him in prayer anytime we want and He does hear us and He does answer!
I was very encouraged by reading II Chronicles 20 about King Jehoshaphat of Judah. Surrounding nations declared war upon Jerusalem and Jehoshaphat was terrified. They were defenseless against these other nations, but they had GOD and Jehoshaphat cried out to the Lord and begged God for guidance.
He ordered everyone in Judah to begin fasting. Fasting is one of the weapons or tools that God calls us to use when fighting spiritual battles. 
King Johoshaphat stood before the community and prayed,  
“O Lord, God of our ancestors, you alone are the God who is in heaven. You are ruler of all the kingdoms of the earth. You are powerful and mighty; no one can stand against you! O our God, did you not drive out those who lived in this land when your people Israel arrived? And did you not give this land forever to the descendants of your friend Abraham? Your people settled here and built this Temple to honor your name. They said, ‘Whenever we are faced with any calamity such as war, plague, or famine, we can come to stand in your presence before this Temple where your name is honored. We can cry out to you to save us, and you will hear us and rescue us.’


“And now see what the armies of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir are doing. You would not let our ancestors invade those nations when Israel left Egypt, so they went around them and did not destroy them. Now see how they reward us! For they have come to throw us out of your land, which you gave us as an inheritance. Oh our God, won’t you stop them? We are powerless against this mighty army that is about to attack us. We do not know what to do, but we are looking to you for help.”
 The the spirit of the Lord came upon one of the men and said, This is what theLord says: "Do not be afraid! Don’t be discouraged by this mighty army, for the battle is not yours, but God’s." and he went on to say for them to march against the enemy the next day, but they will not even need to fight. 

"Take your positions; then stand still and watch the Lord’s victory. He is with you, O people of Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid or discouraged. Go out against them tomorrow, for the Lord is with you!”
Then King Jehoshaphat bowed low with his face to the ground and all the people did the same worshiping the Lord. They stood to praise the Lord, the God of Israel with a VERY LOUD SHOUT.

On the way to the battle Jehoshaphat stopped and said, "Listen to me, all you people, believe in the Lord your God and you will be able to stand firm! Believe in His prophets and you will succeed!"Then they started singing to the Lord and praising Him for His holy splendor! They sang, "Give thanks to the Lord; His faithful love endures forever!"At that very moment when they began to sing praise, the Lord cause the armies against them to start fighting among themselves and they attacked each other and killed every one of them. "Not a single one of the enemy had escaped."

The only thing that King Jehoshaphat and his people did was to go before God with a humble heart, tell God their problem, give it over to God, worship God, be thankful to God, be obedient, have faith, go out and take their position and sing praises to the Lord. God fought this battle for them! It was a miracle! 

Then the people praised and thanked the Lord there and named the place the Valley of Blessing.

I believe someday soon we will have victory and will have our own Valley of Blessing!
I will pray like King Jehoshaphat. I will bow low with my face to the ground. I am giving praise to the Lord with a loud shout. I am going to believe in God and stand firm! I am going to sing to the Lord! God will fight this battle, I just need to trust in Him and wait on Him. Victory is the Lords!!!
I am thanking God because this situation will end victorious! I trust God. He works all things together for His good and for my good. Someday I know I will be able to share with you a great testimony! It's kind of exciting to wait and see how God is going to work this all out for His glory!

The title of this post should be Trial & trust, EXPECTING victory!

"Always be joyful. Keep on praying. No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." I Thessalonians 5:16-18.

Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

Cecelia - Ladybugs and Butterflies said...

You have no idea how you blessed me today. The Lord has given me the scripture 2Chron 20, in three different ways this last week, now you've given the 4th. Thank you for sharing , because thru your trial, you have been used to bless me.

Rose of Sharon said...

Dear Cecelia, I am so very thankful that you were blessed by this post. I was feeling guilty yesterday for how much time I spent on it and prayed that the Lord would be glorified through it and it would encourage someone. What a neat testimony that God has shown you this passage four times! That's so cool! Whatever is going on in your life, you can be sure that the Lord is working! I pray for your situation. May you have a blessed day!

Hugs, Sharon

Farrah said...

Hugs and love dear friend! What a blessing to have this place to worship. Feel free to Facebook message me if you'd like to talk. I came to you about 5 years ago when I was having an issue and you were sweet to pray for me. I'd like to do the same for you.

Sue from Albany NY said...

Be strong Sharon. Know these trials will pass.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...