This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Berries for breakfast...

I went out to pick some fresh blackberries to eat for breakfast and was so disappointed to find that they were all shriveled up!
Oh my goodness, I'm too late, I've missed the season. I was hoping to pick some for my morning meal and then go out later in the day to pick a large bucketful to make a cobbler and perhaps freeze some. But I have missed my opportunity.
There's a few good ones left, but they are on the bushes that are tall and set back.
 I was determined to at least get enough to eat for my breakfast! So I headed into the deep!
I couldn't quite reach them all, but I picked a few.
My pants picked up a few things too. Ugh, these fuzzy, sticky burrs are so annoying! They are so sticky and just latch on to clothes. The only way to remove them is to pick them off one by one. I guess it's just part of the farm life, I even have them my pajamas!
 Wow, this seems to be all I can find.
 I am just kicking myself because there was such a bounty just a few weeks ago and I missed the window.
 This looks like it's as good as it's gonna get, let's head back to the house.
 My pitiful bounty awaiting their bath. Oh well, a few berries is better than none!
 Even though I didn't find many, they sure do look good!
And they tasted wonderful too! Next year I will have to remember to pick them in late August/early September when they are at their peak.

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:5

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Curious Thinker said...

Those berries look good to eat, especially with oat meal. God Bless.

gin said...

I love blackberries. Picking them on your own property makes them even taste better. As a child me, my siblings, and a few cousins always went blackberry picking with my grandma. I remember like it was yesterday. But, ours are always in season in July. We have some on our property, too.

as always starzie said...

Sharon I was so touched by your post regarding this difficult time you are going through. I totally understand as I too am going through the most difficult time I have ever had to face in my life time. Health issues with both my husband and I are a big part of my struggles right now. I know we are never alone and God is always with us but I know there are times I let fear over take me. I guess this is just part of life. We just have to trust we are being taken care of and never alone. I will pray for you and would so appreciate your prayers in return.
Hugs my dear friend,
Darlene

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...