This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, August 22, 2014

One more day!!!

 Just one more day until Cameron and Megan will be married! We are so very happy for them! This is such an exciting time for them, not only are they becoming man and wife, but they also purchased their first home!
The Lord was so very good to them and blessed them beyond amazing with the way they got this house. They signed papers and got the keys just a month ago! Megan is living there now and Cameron will move in after the wedding.  I love that big oak tree out front!
It's 1400 square feet with three bedrooms and it's in a nice quiet neighborhood. It was in desperate need of a paint job, so that was written into the deal and the kids even got to pick the colors; soft sage green with white trim.
 It was built in the 1960s and they are going to decorate in an eclectic, mod 60's-70's theme.
 They love their retro kitchen floor.
 I love their cozy kitchen!
 Wood paneling with brown carpet really reflect the 70s theme.
 This is their bonus room which actually is a converted garage. Their laundry room is to the left. This will be wonderful extra space for them, but if they chose to, they can turn it back into a garage
 Their living room is nice a large and faces to the back yard
 They will have so much fun decorating this!
 They have a very large back yard and have many plans for it!
 This covered patio is huge and will expand their living space!
 They want to plant a big garden out in this corner.
 It has a cute little barn shed.
 I found this amazing chandelier at Goodwill and texted them a picture asking if they would like it in their house and they replied, "Yes!" So this gives you an idea of they style they are going for.
 Last week my husband and I went over their to look at their new house and we brought housewarming gifts. We gave them a card with a gift card to the local hardware store and I found this super cool oversized 70's looking amber vase.
 We also gave them wine, salt and bread. When we handed them the gifts, I read this blessing.....
 "Bread - that this house many never know hunger, Salt - that life may always have flavor, Wine - that joy and prosperity may reign forever." This is a sweet blessing that I got from the movie, "It's a Wonderful Life". George and Mary gave these gifts and said the blessing over the Martini house when they moved in.
We are so happy for our kids and can't wait for them to be married tomorrow!
Tonight's the rehearsal and we are having our special dinner out in the barn after that. Here's a sneak peek of the decorated barn, I want to keep it a surprise for the kids, so you'll have to wait until next week to see all the photos!  We are just so absolutely thrilled for Cameron and Megan and cannot wait for them to start their life together!

Let the festivities begin!!!

"The the Lord God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make a helper fit for him." Genesis 2:18



Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Judy said...

How exciting to be starting their new life together in a cute home that they will make their own :)
What a thoughtful gift, I remember that from the movie and I'll have to remember that too.
Congratulations to the sweet couple and I hope you all have a wonderful time and I'm sure the wedding will be just beautiful, I can't wait to see the photos you take if you plan to post them :)

Mardell said...

It is so cute!! It has their name written all over it. What fun they'll have decorating etc. Sixties-70's stuff is pretty readable @ thrifts stores. I see a lot of it.

Good luck the *almost* married couple! Best Wishes for a beautiful ever after.

I'll be thinking about you tonight & tomorrow, Sharon!
Have a wonderful time. :o)

Anonymous said...

wow- how thoughtful of you. Love the home. what a great space for them. great yard out back for lots of family get to gathers and a nice bonus room too. hope the dinner went well. so hopeful to see a new couple start out, buy their first home and begin. Congratulations.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...