This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Little red barn.....

 We have two barns on our property, a big red pole barn and a smaller barn that our goats live in, so we call it the goat barn. They both sit near each other at the end of this cute little fenced lane.
 We purchased our home from people who partitioned off their property and they are actually building a home to the west of us.
 They asked if they could use the little barn to store some of their junk while they were building.
 My husband told them they could do that thinking it was temporary and would be just three months.
 Well, they ended up having delays with permits and such on building their new place, so they needed to keep all this stuff here longer than they anticipated. Sadly, we had to look at all this junk every day for almost a full year.
 It wasn't their fault, so we were not mad, but it was frustrating to go out on our pretty property and this was the view. Every day when I went out to feed the goats, I had to look at the old electric panel, ladders, old buckets and garbage cans.......
 ....old hoses, baby seal statues, fencing and more. When I took photos of the property I always was very strategic with my camera angles to try and hide this view.
 I opened the door and couldn't even see inside to see what it looked like in there.
 Does it have a floor? Does it have stalls? Are there cool things on the walls?
 Well, ten months later, the day finally came when the man completed his shop and was ready to come and get his stuff.
 He came and emptied most of it one weekend and was coming back the following week.
 Yeah! I can actually see inside it now! Our barn has an awesome wood floor!
 It also has this neat huge feed storage box in the corner.
 The next weekend he came and took the rest of his stuff and when I look down our little lane I just see a cute little barn, no more ugly junk!
 It looks pretty rickety, but it's actually solid.
 I can't wait to get in here and start cleaning it up!
 The man left this old hay because he no longer has a horse, he offered it and we gladly accepted it because we will use it for our goats. We are taking out the big wood feed box and will repurpose it for our garbage/recycle center.
Well, now that it's empty, we are going to repair it and paint it and guess what fun thing we are going to do here???? We are hosting our son, Cameron and his fiancee Megan's rehearsal dinner here! Isn't that exciting! I think it will be so cute! I can't wait. I've been searching the internet for fun ideas. We will use the bales of hay for seats and my hubby will make a large temporary table. I want to use quilts for tablecloth and hang lights from the rafters. We have just three weeks, so I need to get busy!

"Honor the Lord from your wealth and from the first of all your produce; so your barns will be filled with plenty and your vats will overflow with new wine." Proverbs 3:9-10 

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Mary said...

What an adorable idea for an engagement party! You are so creative, I'm sure it will be just beautiful.

Mary said...

Oops! I meant rehearsal dinner.

Curious Thinker said...

I think it's neat your own barns and have goats and all. Anyway good luck with your party for your son and his fiancee.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...