This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

I finally got to say yes to a dress!

"Whew! What a relief!" That's all I can say, well, besides, "Thank you Lord!" because I finally found my dress for my son's upcoming wedding!
The wedding colors are shades of blue. Megan, the bride to be, said the bridesmaids are wearing a bright royal blue and she thought it would be nice if I got a navy or baby blue dress. This is kind of what I had in mind, but a bit longer. I was hoping to find a long sleeve or mid sleeve, to the knee, navy lace with detail dress that was elegant and special, but did not look old lady-ish. I've been looking since January and could not find anything! 
I started looking on line and found these different dresses for inspiration.
This one is cute, but a bit short.
This one is pretty, but I'm not sure I want to show my arms like that.
This one has cute detailing, but a bit young looking and too short.
This one is pretty, but the wrong color.
I wish I could find one like this, but in all navy. I will order a dress if I absolutely have to, but I am leery about not being able to try it on. I decided to go to town one more time and give it my all.
I hit the stores one last time and started shopping at one end of the mall and stopped in every single store until I got to the other end of the mall.
I could not find a thing!
They were all too short, too skinny, too small.......
too young, too casual, too wild, too slinky....
too geometric, too crazy and NOT the right color! Ugh, what am I going to do? I've only got one store left!
I ended up at Macy's and started to really pray, "Dear Lord, please help me to find a dress, I'm out of stores and I'm out of time." And then I found four dresses that just might work!!! So into the dressing rooms I went. This one is kind of cute, but very plain.
This one is nice, but it looks like a dress I'd wear to the office.
This one is okay, but the wrong color and I don't think it's super flattering.
Finally, I found THE one!!!
It's a sleeveless sheath made of a beautiful navy lace.
It comes with a darling little jacket, that I actually found on a separate hanger all by it's self, some how they got separated. I'm so thankful I found it!
The dress fits me like a glove!
It is covered in gorgeous beads!
I even like it with out the jacket! Yeah! I'm so thankful! I'll take it!!! It's more money than I usually pay, but it is a one of a kind designer and it was marked down from $179.00 to $134.99 and then I got an additional 20% off, so it was about $108.00. I usually don't spend that much, but after all, it is for a very, very special occasion!
I purchased my dress and felt so happy!  As I walked back to the car I stopped at Penny's to look at their shoes hoping I could find something to match my new dress.
I could not believe it when I found these beautiful navy pumps.
They are an iridescent metallic navy with beautiful sparkles.
I love how they play off of the beads in the dress, and guess what? They were marked down to only $14.00! I have a pretty navy and silvery necklace and a matching bracelet that I will wear and now just need to find the earrings.
I am so very thankful that I found my dress! I also found my hubby navy slacks and a navy button down shirt! Woot-wooo! We're in business!!!

We are on count down, the wedding is in 17 days!!! We are so excited about this blessed event!!!

“And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because he first loved us.” 1 John 4:16-19

Hugs, Sharon

7 comments:

gin said...

Nice dress! Glad you found the perfect dress with no time to spare.

Anonymous said...

wow great dress and shoes and really good deals. you can wear that other places too. I love the blue, will be so dramatic for the wedding, making a statement for sure.

Anonymous said...

wow great dress and shoes and really good deals. you can wear that other places too. I love the blue, will be so dramatic for the wedding, making a statement for sure.

Mary said...

I love your dress and the shoes too!
You will look lovely on the big day!
Mary

Heartfelt living said...

What an exciting time for you and your family! I think the dress you found looks perfect on you! I do understand your search as my daughter was married last weekend! I went through the exact same thing. :) Macy's being my last stop I did find a dress... It was the taupe one you' tried on! Hehe
Sending good wishes for a wonderful wedding day. :)

Farrah said...

Yay! You look pretty!

Mardell said...

Oh Sharon! You look beautiful in that dress. You're going to "rock-it-out" of the park. Perseverance (sp?) paid off. Great deal on the shoes, too. So glad you found the matching jacket (Thank you, Lord!)

I love that you're blogging again.
Have a great night!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...