This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Final preparations for the barn party....

 A few days ago I gave you an update on our plans to get our barn ready for our son's wedding rehearsal dinner. Well, since then we had the rehearsal, we had the rehearsal dinner and my son and his bride are now married! I thought I would show you how all of it played out in order, so I will start with the final preparations that we did to the barn.

The last time I posted I shared with you my epic fail with trying to make my own light fixture out of old mason jars. It was a disaster, but I was able to borrow this fantastic chandelier from my good friend, Wanda. It's a plug in, which was so simple since we do not have power in the barn. We just used several large industrial extension cords coming from the shop out to the barn and then my husband hung and plug in the chandelier.
 The effect is gorgeous!
 Here's a view of the barn from a distance, I love how the lights look!
 I had so much fun making signs! I used old boards that I found on the property for some of them and I also purchased cheap ($2.00 or less) framed pictures at thrift stores and painted right over them.
 I had fun painting these old wood buckets a mustardy yellow.
 It was so much fun being outside doing these project and to be able to look up to see a little turkey family walk through. Oh how I love living in the country!
 Here are some of my projects I did!
 My friend, Wanda, also loaned me this fantastic burlap and lace rag swag! Perfect!!!
 My sweet husband built me this box from old fence boards found on the property. It will serve as our centerpiece for the party.
I love going out to the burn pile to find treasures! I never know what I might find and what will give me inspiration!
My hubby is so sweet. Sometimes he doesn't understand what I'm thinking, he says, "Why would you want to make something out of old chipped boards with moss growing on them?" But, he does it anyway because he knows that I have vision and he's usually happy with the results. I just love him.
 Messing around with ideas for the centerpiece with these silk flowers. I can see that it's going to look really cute, but I will use fresh flowers. Can you see the end of the box there where you can see the raw wood where my hubby made the cut? I don't like how that looks, so....
 ...I just dabbed the ends with antique white paint and it looks much better.
 Things are really coming together! I'm getting excited!
 The next thing I did was walk around the property and cut fresh and dried flowers to use in the centerpiece.
 Oh...I can see that it's going to look really cute!
 I got the idea to use apples still on the vine and I love how it turned out!
 I hung quilts to hide the junk in our big pole barn.
 It's time to start getting the final touches out! I placed my old bike that I painted next to this fence that leads to the barn. I filled the basket with white mums and hung a cute "Just Married" sign on the seat!
 Love how my old sign turned out. I salvaged this old piece of rusty steel roofing from the dump pile and stenciled on it.
 "Country Life is Bliss!"
 The lights are hung and lit, the decorations are in place and the table is set!
I can't wait to get this party started!

"Oh praise the greatness of our God! He is the rock, His works are perfect, and all His ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is He." Dueteronomy 32: 3,4

Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks awesome Sharon. I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures. Donna

Erin said...

I'll admit that I've been curious as to how you were going to host the dinner in the barn with no power. You have outdone yourself! It is just perfect! It's romantic and wonderfully country and so well done. I love all the signs you made! Seriously, Country Living could do an article featuring your gorgeous rehearsal dinner on a budget. Great job!

Mardell said...

Oh Sharon!
Everything looks beautiful! You were one busy girl, my goodness. Love the signs. The centerpiece turned out fantastic! I can't wait to see more pictures. Please don't keep us waiting! LOL

Anonymous said...

wow- all so special. great ideas for sure. what was the menu? loved the signs- great idea and loved the goats looking on too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...