This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, August 15, 2014

Earning his keep.....

This is our wonderful kitty, MacGyver. He is so awesome, we just love him. He is so friendly and vocal and when I'm out in the yard he follows me everywhere I go. He also is best friends with our dog, Blondie, and you see them out together all the time too. He's also an excellent hunter and his hunting skills have become very useful now that we are living out in the country.
 We have discovered that we have moles living here and they are not welcome!
 They are digging up holes everywhere out near the woodshed and down around the creek. My husband tried a bunch of different things last year to get rid of them to no avail.
One evening a few weeks ago my husband and I were talking out in the garage and we look up to see MacGyver trotting towards us with something in his mouth. It looked very similar to the picture above, but the thing in his mouth was quite large, it looked like a giant rolled up black sock. He promptly went over to the side yard and just dumped it and walked away.
When Eric and I went to look at it, we realized it was a mole! We were so happy and so proud of our kitty! My hubby said, "Boy, I sure hope MacGyver didn't get scratched up by that thing, it's huge!" We checked over MacGyver and he had no wounds, he must have caught it just perfectly so that it couldn't retaliate. We threw it in this bucket of weeds and tossed it out in the dump pile. You can see how large it was.
 I said, "Well he sure is earning his keep!" I really don't understand how he got that mole though, moles live under the ground in their huge tunnel systems, how in the world did he get it? Regardless, we are sure happy about it and hopefully that will end our mole problem!
 MacGyver is a happy kitty and has a great life out here in the country. We see him out in the fields hunting every day.
 Sometimes he will bring us home "presents" twice a day!
I just love my handsome kitty, he truly is one of the family and he is awesome! Oh, and he certainly earns his keep!

"He was a mighty hunter before the LORD; therefore it is said, "Like Nimrod a mighty hunter before the LORD." Genesis 10:9  

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon!
MacGyver is SO cool. I've heard that content cats are the most likely to be good hunters. He's obviously a happy kitty. :o) Moles are awful. Our cats catch them a lot, but have never seen one that big ~ YUCK! They won't eat them either. They stink like little skunks!

PS: The fence looks fantastic! You & Eric make a great team.
Is the rehearsal dinner next weekend?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...