This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, August 8, 2014

Bridging the gap...

Our property has two large fields behind our house and there is a seasonal creek that runs between them. My husband wanted to be able to drive his tractor between the two fields, but he couldn't due to the large ditch that the creek has made, so he decided to build a bridge.
He was able to get these giant strong beams from a local mill. They were cut the wrong length for a special order and couldn't be used, so my hubby got them at a great discount!
He scheduled a work day with our sons. Here you can see my husband, Eric, with three of our four sons, Mackenzie, Cameron and Hayden. Unfortunately, Grayson, already had plans for the weekend, so he couldn't be there. Although, he came the night before to lend a hand with the preparation work.
Sadly, I missed seeing them get these giant beams into place, but here they are laying them all out.
First they laid gravel and 4x4 crossbeams on each end of the bridge.
Then they laid the giant beams on top of the crossbeams.
This was quite an undertaking.
They were all working so hard!
It warmed my heart when I walked up to them and heard them all talking and laughing. It really makes me happy to know that my sons all love each other and really like each other and enjoy each other too!
Thankfully they were in the shade most of the day!
The girls came over later in the day because we were having a family dinner that night.
I'm not sure what's going on here, but it looks like Cameron is begging Hayden not to jump!
Where'd Ridley go?
There he is!!!
Peek-a-boo baby!
Not sure what's going on here, but it looks like they are ready to dance!
They are getting excited for their upcoming wedding!!!
The sun is dropping and they are nearly finished! Notice our dog, Blondie, just sitting there holding her frisbee. She's hoping, hoping, hoping someone will throw it for her!
They are working on the gravel ramps that will be on each end of the bridge.
These guys deserve a cool drink and a hearty meal!
I'm proud of my hard working husband and sons!
It passed the test, it held the tractor with a full load just fine!!!
Here the boys are spreading out the gravel.
I love this picture of Eric walking across the bridge with the boys looking on.
It's all done! I love how it turned out!
Well, one thing you have to say about my husband, when he builds something, he builds it strong and it's made to last!
It looks so quaint when you look across the back field and see our cute little bridge!
The next step is painting!
I am so happy with our charming little bridge that is not only a real working bridge, but it's also beautiful!

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." I Timothy 2:5

Jesus is our bridge to our father in heaven!

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Mardell said...

Wow, it sure is beautiful! The white paint was the finishing touch it needed. I'm very impressed with the bridge, Sharon. Of course, I know Eric is very good at what he does! Love seeing the boys helping their dad. Ridley is so cute & I adore the little phone in his hand. Is it a vintage toy?

I hope you & your family have a beautiful weekend.

Rose of Sharon said...

Thanks Mardell! Yes, the little yellow phone is vintage and he loves it! We have a blue one too that his daddy used to play with. I hope you and your family are enjoying your summer!

Mardell said...

They just don't make toys like they used to! It's been a great summer so far. Mild temps & not TOO hot.

Thanks Sharon, hope you're having a good one, too. You're definitely keeping busy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...