This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, March 31, 2014

March Life....

 As I told you, my camera broke back in February, so I started taking photos on my phone. The problem was that my phone was not compatible with my Apple computer, so I had a very hard time getting the photos uploaded to the computer, which made me lose a desire to blog. I finally found a Youtube video that explained how to upload photos from my phone, which was great, but there was over 1,000 photos on there! I finally separated them all by month and event and decided to try and post them on my blog. These photos are some highlights of life here at Rose of Sharon in March. We had some gorgeous sunrises! I feel so blessed!
 Life was springing up with flowers everywhere.
 The first year of living at a new house is so much fun because you are surprised by all the new flowers that pop up!
 We had family dinners every Sunday night in March. Here's Grayson holding his nephew and my grandson, isn't he just so precious!
 I found this note by the coffee pot and was so touched that my 20 year old son wanted to have coffee and visit with me.
 My precious prince!
 Our annual St. Patty's day feast! I made Irish shepherds pie!
 The cutest little leprechaun I've ever seen!
 My daughter-in-law, Brittany, started helping my parents by going over there once a week to clean and cook them a meal. My parents loved it! They paid her a small salary, so it was a win/win for everybody. She also went over to my father-in-law's house to do the same for him.
 It was so neat for them to see Ridley every week and it was so neat for Ridley to see them! Unfortunately, with Ridley's schedule and starting to crawl, it got too hard, so Brittany had to stop, but it was a wonderful memory for all!
 Sadly, we experienced a great loss in March. My uncle Ernie passed away from heart trouble.
 He was the kindest man. He was a hard worker and had a great since of humor. He loved the Lord and read his Bible every day, so it is so comforting to know that he's in heaven now.
 I always was fond of my Uncle Ernie, here's an old picture of him with my Grandpa Harry.
 I spent the night with my folks and took them to the funeral.
My Daddy gave a beautiful tribute to his dear brother.
 Mackenzie and Brittany came to the funeral and brought Ridley. Family is so important and it's so wonderful to see this new little life at a time when you are mourning the loss of a loved one, it's the circle of life and life goes on. I think everyone there enjoyed see this darling little boy.
 My Aunt receiving the flag from a veteran.
 It was very touching and emotional when he saluted her and we heard the 21 gun salute.
 For one of our family dinners I made shish kabobs! Yum!
 Shopping day with my great friend, Mary, and her precious granddaughter!
 Some of my thrifting treasures......first, this amazing bowl! It's actually a crock-pot bowl and it was only marked $3.99, but was 50% off! It is a perfect fruit bowl!
 I found a new stitching for my kitchen.
 It's a cute cross-stitch of an old-fashioned kitchen with a wood stove the saying is, "No matter where I serve my guests, they seem to like my kitchen best." I could not believe when I found this at a garage sale for only $1.00!!!
 Love this little steer salt shaker.
 This black country french canister is perfect for my kitchen!
Oh, and one last thing.....the turkeys are back! It's so fun to watch them out in the fields! We saw them every day when we first moved in until they disappeared the beginning of October. I'm so glad they're back!

Well, that's a little snippet of our life from March of 2014. Next time I'll have pictures from April.

Hope you have a great day!

"It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustainsme; you stoop down to make me great. You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn." Psalm 18:32-36


Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. So nice to see everyone, the family diners, your thrift finds. Glad all is well there and faith is still holding you all together.

gin said...

Loved catching up with you . Your grandbaby is precious. And so sorry for the loss of your uncle. I have a large family on my dads side and in the last 4 months we have lost an uncle, an aunt, and one cousin.

as always starzie said...

Hi Sharon! Glad to see you back in the boggie world! I've enjoyed all of your updates. Your Grandson is such a cutie!
Hugs,
Darlene

Mimi said...

I missed your posts while your camera was down...glad to see you back...sorry for your family's loss but to know that he is waiting for you is great isn't it!!!
You had a wonderful March...looking forward to catching up with April.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...